INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD/Capture module Limit Settings greyed out

• Thank you received: 20
I'm using 2.9.2 from the PPA on Ubuntu as well as on OSX. I'm not sure if this was the case on prior builds, but I've noticed that on the Capture/CCD module I cannot activate any of the limit settings until focus and guiding have begun. For example, I can't enable the "Autofocus if HFR >" limit. In the case of running jobs with the scheduler, this prevents these options from being enabled until the job is running, and at that point I'm not sure that it actually takes effect.

Is there a way to enable these limits and let the value boxes be entered once the scheduler jobs start?

EDIT - I see I put this in the wrong forum. Can't seem to move it or delete it.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Greg.
6 years 2 months ago #22718

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is not a new behavior. IF the Ekos Sequence File (.esq) used with the scheduler already have these settings then they would be applied.
6 years 2 months ago #22727

I can confirm this to be the case. The problem then is that when you create a new ESQ, you can't activate these settings until you've used it. This seems to mean you need to either 1) need to autofocus and start guiding prior to saving the ESQ, or 2) Take a run with the scheduler, stop it, add these settings and re-save the ESQ, and start all over again.

This makes setting up a new sequence and scheduling it during daytime problematic since you can't run autofocus or guiding.

It would be helpful to have a way to enable these features and have the settings autopopulate. Maybe in the scheduler is the right place to do this?
6 years 1 month ago #22734

Ok understood. Let me work on a satisfactory solution for this.
6 years 1 month ago #22767

Ok they should be enabled now by default. Please git pull and test at your side.
6 years 1 month ago #22807

OK. They are now able to be selected. Will continue to test. Thanks!
6 years 1 month ago #22821

Finally a clear(ish) night. I ran a few test scheduled jobs.

The focus HFR value will auto-populate after a successful focusing run. However, once guiding calibration begins the HFR values reset to zero. The guiding value does not get set once guiding starts.
6 years 1 month ago #22933

Time to create page: 0.810 seconds