Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: file extensions in Ekos

file extensions in Ekos 6 months 1 week ago #24769

• jrf
  • jrf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, all:

I have a number of photos taken from a remote site. These are produced as .fit files. I touch them up in Pixinsight, and rename the originals so I can know what each file / photo is. That process yields .fit files. When I ask the astrometry tool in Ekos to use one of these files to Load and Slew, the solver almost immediately fails. But the Load and Slew appears to work with .fits files. So does the Load and Slew feature only work with .fits and NOT with .fit?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by jrf.

file extensions in Ekos 6 months 1 week ago #24770

No it will work with .fit files as well. My guess would be that something Pixinsight did to the file changed it to make it difficult for the astrometry.net plate solver to solve the image. Try uploading the images to nova.astrometry.net and see if they solve there. Also you might take a look at the fits Headers in the file. PixInsight may have removed some necessary header information from the files.

file extensions in Ekos 6 months 1 week ago #24781

Also, if you click on the "Options..." button to the lower right of the Align tab and enable Verbose in the Astronomy.net tab. That should give you info about why the solver fails.

Modded Canon EOS 700D with a WO ZS 71 ED on a SW HEQ5-Pro /
QHY9 CCD and filter wheel with an 8" RC on a SW EQ6-R
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica