INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

v4l2ccd configuration can not be saved

• Thank you received: 0
Hello, I'm using a Logitech webcam for polar aiignment and another one for guiding purposes.

Last night I was trying the "polarscope webcam" and set things like exposure, gain etc, etc. then I saved the setting in the options tab in v4l2ccd and indi responses with a message that settings are sucessfully saved.
After closing everything (back to Ubuntu-level) and starting kstars again, I found out that all the setting are gone and I had to do everything over again !.
I use the rpi3 with ubuntu mate.
I can not find any clue why settings are not saved and advice/help is greatly appreiciated.
5 years 10 months ago #26100
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I added support to this just now in GIT. It should be in PPA nightly later today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Defesche
5 years 10 months ago #26103

Thank you very much !
5 years 10 months ago #26105

Can you tell me when there is a stable version available or can I use the nightlly built without a problem?
Thanks.
5 years 10 months ago #26108

Today I tried again (version 2.9.6 installed) and again settings are not saved.
In the messages shown in the attachment it can be seen that for camera1 600x460 size is loaded while I saved last time with 800x600.
Perhaps I do something wrong but I can not find out what.
Now I have to go through all settings to get them right each time I want to do a session.
I noticed that the settings are kept correctly when leaving kstars and restart again.
But shutting down the rpi3 and than restart the machine and firing up kstars: all setting are gone !!!

I really don't know what's going on and would be very happy if this problem could be solved...

Thanks in advance...
5 years 10 months ago #26226
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds