INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate Solver fails to solve

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by kostas on topic Plate Solver fails to solve

part 2
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 3 months ago #32257

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

part 3
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 3 months ago #32258
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Plate Solver fails to solve

You indeed have a nice instability on the Atik driver here. There's another thread dedicated to the "new" driver, I'll mention your attempts there. I see logs about cooling repeated indefinitely, a second Atik connected and plenty of USB transfer issues...
It's unfortunate I couldn't help you more on this topic. I was not able to find the log in which you actually run the solver without capture issues. In any case as you said, you probably have things to sort out or wait to be sorted out before continuing.

-Eric
5 years 3 months ago #32283

just wondering is there a way to install an older driver for the atik camera in order to check if i have the same behavior?
5 years 3 months ago #32337

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Plate Solver fails to solve

I'm afraid you will need to build the version from the github repository sources.
Check indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/4209-new-in...dback-requested.html, some of your issues were experienced by other users too.

-Eric
5 years 3 months ago #32343

• Thank you received: 165
I have a similar setup, GSO/TS 8" RC with 0.67x reducer (so my focal length is 1087mm instead of 1624mm, but I've used it without it too) and Atik 383L+ and haven't had issues with plate solving for ages. I've now used the new Atik driver since is was first pushed to git and fixed some issues with it related to temperature reading interfering with image download and the old Cloudmakers' driver for a couple of years without issues. I use 4x4 binning and 2s luminance exposures for solving and indices 4206 and up. I've now used x64 based Udoo x86 Ultra as the imaging machine for a bit over a year, but used RPi 3 successfully with the same equipment before then. Especially with RPi solving was much faster if I cut down the indices used to minimum.

From your screenshots I noticed your calculated fov in alignment tab is unbelievably small 1.73' x 1.3' where as mine is 57.2' x 43.1', which would be around 38.3' x 28.8' without the reducer. You should set those to 0 to force a blind solve and see if the values become sane after that.
5 years 3 months ago #32352

i have done a blind solve with a bin 2x2 image of M31 for my rc 8/atik 383 and it solved it successfully with the correct FOV and resolution. The FOV you see at the last images is for an ED80/atik 383l+ and the FOV is set for degrees at the plate solve options, the ' is placed automatically by the program when i enter the FOV. The successful attempts were made by the simulator but the live attempts failed with the same settings.

Since then i have gone back to an intel compu stick with win 10 and sgp but i noticed something that needs testing. Before the failed attempts i used a DIY power supply and powered my atik/fw and mount with 13.5V so that when i am on the field my mount won't have the blinking light that means it has not enough power and for my camera in order to have regulated power so that its performance won't degrade while battery power drops during the night. The minipc and the hub are powered withe separate 5v regulated power supply, The weeks before the failed attempts i replaced my DIY power box with a Pocket power box form pegasus astro for weight reduction and at my last run with almost full power at my equipment (cooler on at the camera at -10c) i had the blinking light at my mount and at the power box, this meant that my equipment did not have regulated 12V that the power box delivered and now i feed the power box with 13.5v. I will do another test to see if the live issues i had the with the camera and maybe the plate solver were affected by the voltage drops i noticed. But this does not explain that the plate solver failed at 4x4 bin in simulation with mains power supply at the RPi for both my rc 8 and ed 80 combinations.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kostas.
5 years 3 months ago #32360

Please copy & paste the "Options" of the solver as calculated by Ekos here. The FOV is definitely wrong. Here is what I think happens. You changed to dw (degrees) in astrometry options, but didn't click on the small update image scale icon to update the scale. You need to do that, otherwise, the solver options will accept whatever values as is. The Solver FOV is always is arcminutes regarding your options set.
5 years 3 months ago #32365

i include photos and a log. Here is what happened. I changed the setting for an ed80 at the driver screen and went to the solver tab. The fov at the first picture is for an RC8 since the last test was for the RC8, i updated the FOV at the solver options but the apply button for this creen is hidden but the lower taskbar and i can't resize the window in order to see these buttons (maybe you allow for resizing this window in order to be able to see these buttons in small screens, since i work my pi from my tablet), when i did a plate solve the ccd simulator crhashed. so i include the log file.
5 years 3 months ago #32368

i tested at my screen in order to apply the settings at the first picture you see the settings after a succesful solve at bin 1x1. at the second screen is a failed attempt at bin 2x2 since the ccd simulator crashed
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kostas.
5 years 3 months ago #32370
Attachments:

You see the "Options" edit box in there? Copy its content here.
5 years 3 months ago #32375

• Thank you received: 3
I am using Stellarmate on R-Pi 4

I am wondering if SCT Edge HD 8" with a 1" sensor camera (Equivalent 35mm focal length of 1400*2.5) an exercise in futility?

Should I even try to make it work?
3 years 6 months ago #60604

Time to create page: 1.079 seconds