INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flats not capturing???

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Flats not capturing???

We need to get KStars to build on KDE build farm. MacOS is the last remaining build and it's quite technically complex with many sub-parts. Everything has to be right and it can be easily broken. At any rate, Robert is busy now but one of the goals of the next release of KStars is to have MacOS nightly releases as well since they're not nightly releases for all platforms except MacOS. So stay tuned!
5 years 5 months ago #30375
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Flats not capturing???

In the screenshots the exposure in the queue table has incorrect display. I'll check this.

-Eric
EDIT: OK September 2nd, forget my comment.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Eric.
5 years 5 months ago #30383
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey there.

Similar experience here. I take flats like in Jasems video. Exp is 0,11 (shortest available for my MI CCD G2)
Pictures are taken, but no mesuaring is happening between the pictures.
And its crashing kstars on my mac sometimes.
Because you wrote one should get latest nightly. Do i have to install nightly build on my remote-Linux-machine or on my Mac??

EDIT: Installed nightly on my Linux-machine now. It is working there now when i start kstars local. It is still NOT working when working remote on my iMac.
Just for information.

Someone an idea, when i have to set the light of my flatfieldbox so low, that it´s not plain anymore? The problem is that i can not set a lower exposure than 0,110sec my moravian g2...

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by the.cakemaker.
5 years 4 months ago #31257
Only Windows & Linux nightlies are available now, we're still working on making MacOS nightly images as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
5 years 4 months ago #31259
  • Thank you received: 3
Same here: on Mac OS flats don't capture with Kstars 2.9.8.
It says it's taking them, but it's not
Need to trick Ekos into thinking it's taking Lights, and just change the name of the file with the "prefix" option.
But in the FITS file header it still states "light", so to use them in PI you have to either manually add them to the BPP script or change the FITS header file by file. With 80 per night it's a sting in the tail, to say the least.
Tried installing Kstars 3.0.0, and it's even worse.
Additionally, while in 2.9.8 my Atik 383L+'s sensor was wrongly catalogued as 3326x2504, in 3.0.0 it's correctly listed with its proper dimensions: 3362x2537.
Vary nice, but I just rebuilt my dark and bias library using the smaller version.
I guess a fix fro one thing breaks something else.
Still, with all its quirks (and there are A LOT) the KStars/Ekos combo is the only thing that really works on a Mac (barring PHD2, but that's another story...).
I even took the plunge and bought a StellarMate!
Please, keep things working and solve the flat issue
Thank you
Antonio
5 years 2 months ago #33178

I'll test this tonight with Atik on MacOS and report back.
5 years 2 months ago #33180

It worked flawlessly with Atik. See video for evidence.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Antonio Soffici
5 years 2 months ago #33189
Attachments:

atik.mp4

• Thank you received: 3
Hello Jasem,
as you can see from the other comments, I'm not the only one having this problem.
Although I've never used the "ADU" option, but have always set the exposure time manually.
I'll try with 3.0.0 ASAP and will come back to you with an answer.
I'd love to share the video of when I do it. What software do I use?
Cheers
Antonio

UPDATE:
Tried it with 2.9.8. At first it seemed to work, although it did not save the image.
Aborted the capture, which caused KStars to crash.
Restarted KStars, closed Indi the correct way and trashed 2.9.8.
Installed 3.0.0 and tried it again.
10 minutes ago.
And it's still telling me it's capturing the first flat frame.
I guess either my Mac is possessed by Poltergeist or I'm doing something wrong or the fix did not, in-fact, fix anything.
This is all very frustrating
Any help?
Cheers
Antonio

FURTHER UPDATE
When finally fed up by the wait, I tried to close 3.0.0, but first wanted to disconnect and close Indi. KStars stopped responding to the OS and had to force quit it.
I'm leaning towards the Poltergeist in my Mac...

One more UPDATE
Ok, trashed KStars completely and reinstalled clean.
Same result: the software tells me it's taking the picture, but it ain't doin' nothing.
To add insult to injury, I had a warning telling me "'Always reset sequence when starting' is enabled and resets the sequence counts", but it's not, and never has (see attachment)

Another nice quirk: KStars has asked me to enable Accessibility in System Preferences, I duly tried to oblige, but the tick on the square never appeared (see other attachment), but this may be veering off-topic.

Or it could be definite proof the Aliens have taken over my Mac

PLEASE HELP!!!

LAST (I hope) UPDATE

I think I've found the culprit. Somewhere in the "capture" tab of Ekos options is a little fu**ing check box that reads "capture flat frames at the same focus as light frames", which apparently prevented my focuser-less system to recognise it does not have an electric focuser, only a human one. Which is ironic, since my first post on this forums was about me not being able to connect to FT's FocusLynx via USB (only sporadically via Ethernet).
Un-ticking that little fu**ing check box seems to have solved the problem.
It seems.
I'll keep everyone posted (if you are interested)

Good night
Antonio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Franck, Der_Herrchen
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Antonio Soffici.
5 years 2 months ago #33210
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Flats not capturing???

3.0.0 works for flats as Jasem shows for me as well. 2.9.8 had a bug. Have not tried the MacOS version, though.

Happy New Year!
Jo
5 years 2 months ago #33212

Thanks for the investigation Antonio, I fixed the issue in GIT. The fix would be released with 3.1.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck, Antonio Soffici
5 years 2 months ago #33223
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Flats not capturing???

Just curious, does this fix only concern the MacOS version or also the Linux platforms?
5 years 2 months ago #33232

Not sure I understand. This fix is for all platforms.
5 years 2 months ago #33233
Time to create page: 0.690 seconds