INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Questions about camera sequencer

• Thank you received: 8
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the intended purpose of the sequencer. Obviously, it's great to be able to set up a series of image captures with all the right parameters, and I use this. What confuses me is that when the script is saved, it saves the target name and directory where the images are to be saved.

This is rather limiting, because I'd like to be able to use the same sequencer script on many different targets, each going to a different directory. To change that, I need to load the script, then double click on every single item in the script and change the target name and possibly the destination, too. I like to use a single directory for a night, so I name it by date. Plus, I like to prefix the filenames with the target name. So that's a lot of error-prone double-clicking, changing and confirming. It's easier just to start fresh.

It would be nice to be able to select every item in the queue and do a bulk change of the target name and directory, and perhaps other things, too. It might be more suited for use with the Scheduler tab - I don't know, because at this time, the Scheduler is too much for me.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I approaching it all wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Charles
Linux Mint 20.3 and AstroBerry
Mounts: iOptron CEM-60
Cameras: Atik 383L+, ZWO ASI290MM Mini
Focuser: Moonlite
5 years 7 months ago #29701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
You are right in your observation.

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398757

One solution could be to introduce placeholders for use in storage paths, like Rawtherapee does.

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #29704

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds