INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry file downloads crashes KSTARS

Can you run "Info Center" and let me know what is the KDE Frameworks Version used?
5 years 6 months ago #29831

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161

Did the same thing and with permissions set at 777 the download works flawlessly. KAuth doesn't even ask for a password. Obviously the files are owned by the user then which gives rise to the question why download the index files to /usr/share/astrometry in the first place. If you want to have them owned by the user they should be placed in a directory owned by the user anyway like ~/(.)astrometry
5 years 6 months ago #29832

5 years 6 months ago #29833
Attachments:

yeah, on Linux, I think it's a better idea to use a user owned directory since KAuth has so many issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 6 months ago #29835

• Thank you received: 155
Thanks everyone! I changed the ownership to myself and also changed the perms to 777 just for good measure.
Worked well enough for me to get all the files I needed.

PK
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 6 months ago #29850

Ok, just committed to GIT new code that removes KAuth and stores the files on Linux to a local directory. Hopefully this resolves the KAuth issues, please test once the nightly is built.
5 years 6 months ago #29852

Thank you, Jasem!

I pulled and it does download to ~/.local/share/kstars/astrometry/ now.
No KAuth issues anymore.
The line "add_path ~/.local/share/kstars/astrometry" should be added to /etc/astrometry.cfg
Solver -> Options -> Index Files -> Index Files Location still points towards /usr/share/astrometry.

Or was it intended to make users copy the files to the /usr/share/astrometry directory by hand after download?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 6 months ago #29878

we can't edit /etc/astrometry.cfg, or we'll back to KAuth again. It creates a new config file in ~/.local/share/kstars that is used when astrometry is running

It reads from both locations now. So if the user decides to download an index file, it is always downloaded to the local directory.
5 years 6 months ago #29890

As it is now, we have two astrometry.cfg files. I became confused where to change the "inparallel" option (this thing in my head is not a brain, it's a sieve). I tried astrometry.cfg in ~/.local/share/kstars/astrometry/ and it did work. However, after deleting /etc/astrometry.cfg, Ekos complained about it. So I copied it back.

Is /etc/astrometry.cfg being used for anything, still? If the answer is no, shouldn't we get rid of it in order to prevent confusion?
4 years 10 months ago #38727

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds