INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using KStars/Ekos with just computer

• Thank you received: 1
I have been using KStars/Ekos with a StellarMate for awhile All works perfectly.

I want to get away from the 2.0 USB bottleneck of the StellarMate and run everything through an Intel NUC.

I've done the following but I am missing something:

1. Downloaded INDI server to the computer. It runs fine and locates all the equipment drives. I start the INDI server.

2. I setup KStar/Ekos to run on single system w/ equipment attached to computer (not remote)

3. I run KStars/Ekos and hit the STAR INDI button and it finds the INDI server just fine.

4. It now looks for the Equipment (I have it entered in Ekos Profile), however Ekos can't find any of the equipment. It says: Unable to establish remote devices: (with list)

I do notice that under PROFILE the Local button is Greyed out and the REMOTE button is selected (can't unselect).

I am sure there is a simple solution to this but it eludes me. Any suggestions to get it working?

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug
5 years 6 months ago #29863

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You need to install Linux on the NUC if you want direct control... otherwise you can specify StellarMate hostname in "remote" which is probably not what you want! With Windows, you need a remote Linux box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas A Schwan
5 years 6 months ago #29864

So, basically, what you are telling me is that you can't run KSars/Ekos and directly control the equipment without some intermediary running on Linux or converting the computer over to a Linux system?
5 years 6 months ago #29868

• Thank you received: 29
Hi Doug,

You can run on your machine or laptop windows and Linux OS in parallel (dual boot). Works pretty good.

Best, Helge
5 years 6 months ago #29873

That's almost correct. With MacOS, you also don't need an external system.
5 years 6 months ago #29875

Thank you for your answer. Not really what I wanted to hear lol, but thanks for your response.

D.
5 years 6 months ago #29877

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds