INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote mount/local camera.

• Thank you received: 5
hello,

I am curious if there is a way to use the same ekos profile for a remote mount with a local camera.

I have an rpi0W installed inside my mount handset which runs the indi server. I have the camera plugged in to a local computer. both the mount and the local computer are on my LAN network. I can successfully run two separate instances of kstars/ekos and it works fine.

Am I missing a way to use one ekos profile (in only one instance of kstars/ekos) to connect to the remote mount AND the local camera? If possible, please just let me know if it can be done. I should be able to figure it out, maybe I'm just overlooking something simple.

Thank you.

Kindly,
cl330b
5 years 6 months ago #29980

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26
Hello cl330b,
It is certainly possible using a local indi server connecting to the local camera and connecting a remote mount via a remote indiserver at the same time.
instructions are provided at www.indilib.org/support/tutorials/159-in...ultiple-devices.html
You just have to connect from kstars to the local indi server on the loopback (127.0.0.1) ip address as if you are connecting a remote indi server.
I use this method always to connect multiple instances, you can even run multiple indi servers on the same host, using different port numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cl330b
5 years 6 months ago #29981

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by cl330b on topic Remote mount/local camera.

Thanks Jurgenk. I knew I was missing something simple. Thanks for the link. this solves my issue.

Kindly,
cl330b
5 years 6 months ago #29982

Time to create page: 0.788 seconds