INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

'Slew to target' after platesolve goes crazy

• Thank you received: 133
Hi,

I'm having some issues with plate solving and proper positioning. If I check 'Slew to target' and solve, it gets a position, then starts moving to the target, but takes the next image (for verification) while the mount is still moving, resulting in an image with star streaks that the solver cannot solve :(
I tried finding a 'delay' option (like the (auto) focus has) but couldn't see one. Does such an option exist, or how can I get this to work with my mount (seems it reports too early that it is at target?)
So far I only Sync, and then re-select the target again in KStars, which is fine for 'manual' mode, but not for automatic target change/meridian flip :(
5 years 6 months ago #30191

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168
There is "settle" field in the alignment tab which waits after slew, but it would be good to get the mount driver fixed, which mount and driver you use?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
5 years 6 months ago #30192

• Thank you received: 133

Yuck. I indeed overlooked that one, I had only seen the header 'telescope coordinates' with RA and DEC, not the right side :(
Shame on me. So I'll try this with a (much) higher value (currently 1.5s) next time I have stars...

As for the driver: This is a GP-DX with the Synscan EQ3/5 upgrade kit and the synscan driver.
It I go to a target it moves there fast, stops, and then does some slow final adjustment.
(I plan switching to eqmod, but am still waiting for the cable....)
5 years 6 months ago #30199

Time to create page: 0.754 seconds