INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler problems

• Thank you received: 24

Scheduler problems was created by Tarun

Hello,

Please advise on the below.

use case : I had a pending job to be completed from previous night, so I loaded 4 out of 16 jobs including pending one and hit run. Now the scheduler prioritized another job and after first frame I saw some tree in the frame (not high enough ) so I hit pause on the scheduler, then deleted the rest 3 jobs and kept only the pending one. Now the scheduler moved into idle state without triggering the job run. accidentally I deleted the pending job . at this point , scheduler was still showing me idle icon , did not allow me to add any new jobs. I had to force quit kstars to make it working, stopping indiserver did not work.

why did it allow me to the delete job which put the scheduler to idle. Ill attach the logs later.
5 years 5 months ago #30529

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Scheduler problems

With the log it might get clarified yes. Especially the version! I have been rewriting the planning algorithm of the Scheduler, it might be ready end of this week-end if I get all the issues, use cases and side effects straigthened out.
In any case, I strongly suggest against pausing the Scheduler and modifying the schedule in-between. There are not so many use cases that make use of that feature: it's mostly to "fix" some sub-procedure such as a focus going wrong, without Scheduler restarting from scratch. I need to prevent more interactions in the "paused" situation and only allow them in the "stopped" situation.
First thing I need to say is that in the current version, if you have option "Sort Jobs by Altitude and Priority", Scheduler will sort your jobs while evaluating and process them from highest altitude to lowest altitude (this is visible in the startup time column after you evaluate jobs, but you can't evaluate in paused mode). I'm not discussing the validity of that behavior, but if the jobs are not processed as you expect, you should disable that (relatively hidden) option. Also note that the implementation is unable to check the horizon settings in KStars, that is yet to come, after existing features will be fixed.
Next, if you want to keep the same schedule over multiple nights, you need to enable option Remember Job Progress, and consider how many captured frames you want before a job is considered complete. Alternately, you can disable that option and prepare fixed-startup and fixed-duration schedules to obtain a rigid plan. I must say the obligation to update the startup time at the beginning of the next night is annoying, but let's keep this minor rewrite for a later version.
Did I say all this requires documentation that doesn't exist yet? Indeed.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun
5 years 5 months ago #30558

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Re:Scheduler problems

Thanks for the details Eric, that is super helpful. I did indeed have the option of sort by altitude & priority checked but altitude unfortunately wasn't high enough.
I'll attach the logs tonight (I may have turned off verbose logging I guess ,not too sure.)
5 years 5 months ago #30609

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds