INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Possible change required for Ekos

• Thank you received: 74
Hi,

Maybe I am doing something wrong but if I want to do he following

1. chain a RPI (Zero W in this case) which runs indiserver connecting to a local DSLR (local to RPI Zero that is)
2. Run Kstars and Synscan on another PC

I start the RPI Zero W first then I run Kstars. Then I start Ekos with my profile that defines

a.Local Host
b Synscan device - this will connect wirelessly to mount
c. a "remote as defined below Select Device in Prolfile editor" using the device name as noted in log on RPI Zero W and the RPI Zero W address
so it looks like "Canon DSLR EOS 100D"@192.168.0.137
d. Save Profile

But when I hit the "Start Indi" I get a message "Ekos requires at least one CCD or Guider to operate" and will not coninue.

If I add a CCD Simulator to my above profile Ekos starts Indi ok and connects to all the devices ok.

What have I missed ?

Do I have to start a Indiserver via the command line defining both the local Synscan and the remote RPI Zeri W on the Kstars PC then start up Kstars/Ekos ?

Assuming RPI Zero W Indiserver started ok - it would be like this on the Kstars PC

indiserver –v indi_synscan_telescope "Canon DSLR EOS 100D"@192.168.0.137

Then start Kstars/Ekos with a profile that is defined "local mode" with Synscan and DSLR selected devices and then start indi????????

Or is this not possible to get Ekos to work this way - i.e. no manual command line on the Kstars PC ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I dont want the RPI Zero W to run both the DSLR and Syscan - in this case I know Ekos works using "Remote Mode"
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #30858

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The way you do it is OK if you don't mind seeing CCD Simulator there. Or You can make everything _remote_ by starting it like what you suggested here:
indiserver –v indi_synscan_telescope "Canon DSLR EOS 100D"@192.168.0.137

Then in your Ekos profile, set it to remote and select the camera and mount from the list. Of course, Ekos assumes the server is already started so you must start it before you start Ekos. Make sure to uncheck the web manager.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 6 months ago #30859

• Thank you received: 74
Yes I had already tried the command line approach but i was hoping Ekos would do it all for me - it does , as you say, but with the "dummy CCD". Ok thanks
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #30860

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds