INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos profile editor does not save guiding [SOLVED]

• Thank you received: 375
Hi guys

I'm going through thorough testing after release of new version of Astroberry Server and noticed that Ekos profile editor does not save guiding option selected by a user. Whatever you select i.e. Internal/PHD2/LinGuider a profile shows Internal after save. This applies both for local and remote profiles. Anybody faced this issue? Cannot find any reports on the forum.

KStars 2.9.8 built 2018-8-18T08:14:53Z
Ubuntu Mate 16.04 @Raspberry Pi
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 4 months ago #31268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #31326

I cannot reproduce this issue. Try clearing ~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite and try again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
5 years 4 months ago #31334

This is the fix! After removing ~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite and recreating profiles everything works OK.
Thanks Jasem

BTW. I checked the file permission before removing it and they were ok, so it's not about write access to the file. Is it a case that the newest KStars cannot use userdb.sqlite from previous versions? I left the old file to preserve profiles, so maybe this is a reason?
5 years 4 months ago #31359

• Thank you received: 809
If I had to take a guess, you had a really old database file that had some incompatibility with a feature that was added or changed . I had a similar issue a few months ago where a setting was originally misspelled in the database, then it got corrected, but my database was old and had the wrong spelling in it for the feature. So the feature did not get saved and work properly. One solution is to delete the database and have it recreate itself. I think my solution was that I figured out what was wrong and I edited my database to correct the issue using a database editor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
5 years 4 months ago #31367

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds