INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to disable fits viewer in EKOS

• Thank you received: 19
I'm running the nightly build to help test the qhy driver bits, but I'm running into a problem with fitsviewer firing up and displaying every single guide camera image, and when the imaging camera downloads an image and attempts to display in yet another fits viewer pane and when this happens it crashes kstars... which makes it hard to test things... and I can find a way to turn it off.

Even outside if testing I never use fits viewer - I use PixInsight to look at the images and PHD2 to see the guiding bits. If it doesn't exist now, can we get a button somewhere to completely disable it?

Thanks,

jmh
5 years 4 months ago #31443

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
Config->FITS->uncheck 'Use FITS Viewer' ?
5 years 4 months ago #31444

Sadly, that didn't work. Everything is unchecked, but it still gets started in the Guiding tab.

jmh
5 years 4 months ago #31445

• Thank you received: 809
In the guide module I believe you can select your guide camera as qhy and disable the receipt of guide frames from that camera
5 years 4 months ago #31446

That was true in earlier releases. I'm running Kstars Build: 2018-11-08T01:19:34Z and it's a bit cleaner if you use PHD2 as the external guider - no more camera to select as this is selected within PHD2. See attached picture. Somewhere though something is starting fits viewer and sending the guide frames to it.

jmh

5 years 4 months ago #31447
Attachments:

Oh you are using phd2? Why do you have your guider in the profile then? If you are running phd2 on a raspberry pi, then you can directly connect it to the camera. No need for INDI or to have the Guide camera in the ekos profile.
5 years 4 months ago #31448

• Thank you received: 301
Don't you still need to have it in your profile if you are using the local indiserver launched by Ekos? PHD2 still need an INDI driver, doesn't it?

-Eric
5 years 4 months ago #31454

This was indeed a bug. I just pushed a fix to GIT. Please test and report back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fmozza, Eric
5 years 4 months ago #31465

• Thank you received: 133

Something I've been wondering, too. I have two ZWO cameras (1600 main and 290mini guide). The guide camera always shows up in INDI (there's no way to disable some cameras in the asi_ccd, is it?). But I run phd2 with native asi support, having it talk directly to the camera. So I have to set EKOS/INDI to not autoconnect on start, and manually connect all devices except the 290mini.
Not sure if there is a smarter way....
5 years 4 months ago #31466

PHD2 does not need an INDI driver for a camera that it has native support for. On Linux, support for ZWO is built in to PHD2. If you are using PHD2, you dont need the guide camera to be connected to Ekos. In fact, directly connecting PHD2 to the ZWO and then not including it in the profile in Ekos will cause an increase in performance, assuming that you are running PHD2 on a raspberry pi. The reason is because then it doesnt need to send the image over the network to your client computer it just sends it right to PHD2.
This is the way i run my imaging setup.

Now as to DerPit's question about having 2 zwo cameras. . . I am not sure. I will have to think about that one. Can you try just not including the guider in the profile, and when it shows up, just not connecting to it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 4 months ago #31470

Oh i just reread DerPit's question. My suggestion is what he said he already did. Sorry about that. So yes, I dont know if there is a better way
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
5 years 4 months ago #31471

Yes PHD2 needs the indi driver. I am running indi on the RPi in the observatory and Kstars and PHD2 on my desktop.

jmh
5 years 4 months ago #31472

Time to create page: 2.090 seconds