INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars Mac DMG 3.0.0 beta testing needed

• Thank you received: 30
It continues from version 2.98, but seems to be unable to read data of What's Interesting.

SkyWatcheer Alt-Az will crash the driver.

I have confirmed the above two points.
5 years 3 months ago #32486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Downloading! I will have a try tonight since it seems to remain crystal-clear. I will report.

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 3 months ago #32554

• Thank you received: 223
Thanks.
I will download, install and test it this week as I am at my observatory.
5 years 3 months ago #32634

Rob, what's stopping us from having Mac nightly builds?
Let me know please what's going on and I'll see if I can find a solution.
5 years 3 months ago #32636

• Thank you received: 809
The thing that is stopping us is that the nightly builds rely on craft to build. Craft will in fact make it better because it will rely on kde people to build it and not just us or homebrew folks. Also craft can work in a much more portable way because everything gets installed to a subfolder not /usr/local Also craft can build for previous versions of os x so we dont need to build on an old computer anymore. But craft is limited in scope right now and there are many packages that kstars needs that do not have recipes in craft yet and there are also a number of packages that currently do not build correctly on mac because craft was designed for windows first. I have tried a couple of times to fix the recipes that we need to work properly and write recipes for those things that dont have them yet. It does amount to about 40 recipes or so. What i really need is for people to try my recipes and help me fix them and then to get the craft folks to give feedback so we can get them put in place. Then once all that is done we would need to make sure it can bundle it all up properly to finish the dmg correctly. It is just a lot of work is the main issue, and I dont have infinite amounts of time. If you would like to try my recipes stefane, that might help.
5 years 3 months ago #32644

I have never used Craft before, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Hook me up please with links etc...
5 years 3 months ago #32660

I will send you an email with all the details and some attached files. Or maybe I will try putting them on GitHub. Either way, I'll do that later today.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 3 months ago #32672

Thanks, I won't be able to do anything on my laptop now but I'll look it up once I'm back home on my desktop machine.
5 years 3 months ago #32676

• Thank you received: 5
Happy to report the Pegasus FocusCube now works just fine with version 3.0. (In version 2.9 it would not connect.) No temperature reading still but it does connect and autofocus much better than I could manually. In fact I ran through my entire setup sequence and am now taking pictures. On a nice note "capture and solve" then "slew to target" took 30 seconds per target. Three targets in 1.5 min. Wow
I finally got stellarmate to control my atlas mount over bluetooth as well as two zwo cameras and the pegasus focuser via usb all from my Macbook while sitting by a warm fire inside (how it was designed I think) -and everything works good and fast.
Thanks to everyone working to help those not so technical/code orientated.
Takahashi Fc100 & 8" RASA
MyT
Asi294MC & Asi183MC
Borg 50mm + Asi224
Pegasus FocusCube & Celestron Focuser
Stellarmate
Kstars, Ekos, TSX & Pixinsight
One VERY patient wife of 20 years now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 3 months ago #32689
Attachments:

Yes, that is how I have been doing my imaging recently, sitting in front of a fire inside. . .
5 years 3 months ago #32690

Hello Rob,

I have reverted to the 2.9.8 for the time being, as you already know I'm not having a good time at the moment so I can't really try this 3.0.0
But I must say, I have seen some layout differences which are great. Keep up the great work, and don't forget to send me an email as I want to try to find a way to have nightly OSX builds.
5 years 3 months ago #32767

• Thank you received: 139
What's the best way to ensure this gets into its own directory if I'm installing it on a computer that has 2.9.8?
5 years 3 months ago #32866

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds