INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New-ish astrometry.net and Ekos

• Thank you received: 8
Hi all, yesterday evening I used the new notebook which I installed Ubuntu 18.04 onto. To my surprise, plate solving would not work because Ekos invokes the solver with the now deprecated - - no-fits2fits option which unfortunately causes the solver to exit immediately.
Since I couldn't find a way out, I made a little bash script on the spot that strips the option away and managed to save the night.
What is the correct way to handle this?
5 years 3 months ago #32452

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Go to the Align tab in Ekos, click the Options button in the bottom right corner of the tab, select the Solver Options tab and disable the —no-fits2fits option.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 3 months ago #32453

Are you absolutely positive the option is still there in the latest stable ppa? I'm not in front of it right now but I looked long and hard for the option yesterday night and couldn't find it..
5 years 3 months ago #32454

Maybe it is in the first tab of the options pop up but, yes, I am sure it is there. I don’t have the stable ppa version anymore but I remember disabling it when I still did.
5 years 3 months ago #32455

I reverted one of my Linux SBCs to KStars 2.8 and indeed the option is exactly where I wrote before. See the attached screen shot.

Wouter
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 3 months ago #32456
Attachments:

It's disabled automatically if it detects v.73
5 years 3 months ago #32457

Jasem, does that mean the option isn't there anymore? If so, the auto detect was definitely not working as it kept using the option.
Actually, I do remember some sort of warning about that option the first time I chose offline solve.. But I might be imagining things, it was dark and very cold!
5 years 3 months ago #32458

Well, I'm kinda embarassed as to how I managed to miss the entire "Basic options" row, but it's there allright...
But Jasem, the auto detect isn't working: I can confirm I have astrometry.net v0.73 but still no fits2fits is selected by default.
5 years 3 months ago #32461

Okay, we can close this one: I don't know what happened that night, but I have both the option and the autodetect is working fine.
Something definitely happened but I have no clue what.
Sorry for the noise.
5 years 3 months ago #32468

Time to create page: 3.855 seconds