INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to switch to local connections in Ekos Profile addition

• Thank you received: 0
I'm fairly new to astrophotography and I just recently discovered KStars. I downloaded it but I am unable to switch my profile mode in Ekos to a local connection. It defaults to Remote and the local option is greyed out. Again I am fairly new to AP and by no means am I a developer.
5 years 3 months ago #33089
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is no local mode on Windows. You always have to connect to an external INDI server somewhere else. It could be on the same machine (like wINDI), but it's not inside KStars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
5 years 3 months ago #33117

That makes much more sense! Thank you, however, I also run into an alignment module problem. Every time I click on the Alignment module to set the API URL for ANSVR, it crashes the whole program. I'm not sure what to do. I've copied a few of the .fits files into the astrometry folder but still no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
5 years 3 months ago #33131

Is this with KStars v3.0.0? I can't get any crash here.. what do you do exactly that trigger the crash? Just click on the Ekos Alignment icon?
5 years 3 months ago #33136

Yes, KStars v3.0.0. I've tried both on my Windows version with ANSVR and on Kubuntu VM 18.04 with the downloaded and installed .fits files. It happens every time I click the Ekos Alignment Icon, yes.
5 years 3 months ago #33144

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds