INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Make FitsView come to the foreground

• Thank you received: 161
Hi, maybe this should be posted in the wish list but anyway... I noticed FitsView comes to the foreground when it displays its first image. After clicking at KStars which occupies the full screen, FitsView is pushed to the background and when it displays the next image it stays there. The user has to make it come to the foreground time and time again which can become tiring during a long night. I could make it stay in the foreground permanently but that's not what I want. Just when a new photo arrives it should come to the foreground automatically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
5 years 3 months ago #33241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
For my setup I would actually prefer if it did not come to the foreground. The reason being I let it run unattended while I sleep and have something that takes screenshots of the desktop at regular intervals.
5 years 3 months ago #33242

In that case one should be able to deactivate FitsView altogether. I was of the opinion that "Options -> Fits -> Use Fits Viewer" did exactly this but after disabling it, fotos were still displayed in FitsView. Is this a bug or what is the intended effect of this check box?
5 years 3 months ago #33243

• Thank you received: 76
Oh, I didnt know about that option to disable, thanks. I'll try that, but like you say maybe there is a bug there if they still display.
5 years 3 months ago #33244

As a quick fix you could assign "always in background" to the FitsView window.
5 years 3 months ago #33246

• Thank you received: 66
The image viewing behaviour has always been a bit weird to me. Its not consistently displayed - I think because native files dont get displayed in the status tab; and one would think the capture tab would have an image display area. If this were the case, there would be no need for popups except if someone wanted to inspect the image in full view, then it could be opened in fits viewer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 3 months ago #33256

My thought exactly. Guide, Align, and Focus tabs have a display area. CCD tab has not. It would be nice if it had one and it would provide a more consistent look and feel. A double click on the display area could launch FitsView showing the same picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
5 years 3 months ago #33260

• Thank you received: 31
If this is going to get introduced it needs to be a parameter setting as I rarely want the latest image to come to the foreground.
In my case I am using Raspbian and all I need to do is select the Tab with the FITS viewer to bring it into the foreground.
Paul
5 years 3 months ago #33263

Selecting the tab is acceptable at the beginning of the night, becomes tiring in the middle of the night and a nuisance towards the end of the night. This is my experience with clicking at the tab maybe 100x during the night after a new picture has arrived . An option to make FitsView behave like the user wants it to, would be nice in any event, wouldn't it?
5 years 3 months ago #33268

Ok, I introduced an option in the FITS options and made it enabled by default.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 3 months ago #33488

Thank you so much, Jasem!
5 years 3 months ago #33507

• Thank you received: 155
Another one that bugs me is that when I choose the Options button on the EKOS modules, they open BEHIND the module screen. I have to hide the module I was using to get to the options I wanted to adjust.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 3 months ago #33592

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds