INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Scheduler On At Bug Marking aborted

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I think I have run into a Ekos Scheduler bug in version 3. I am using the Fedora 29 x86 nightly, but I have seen the problem since v3.0 was beta.

I am generating an Ekos XML Schedule (.esl file) offline from a script I wrote that pulls in NEOCP asteroid data to add jobs. I believe the xml generated is correct, but it (I) could be the problem. All scheduled events are using the Job Startup Conditions "On", not ASAP for a specific time and I pre calculate all the times so there is no conflict or need to reorder. When I start the scheduler, it scans the jobs and then fails with: "Job 'ZYAC294_2019-01-04_1' has not been processed upon scheduler stop, marking aborted." All jobs that were scheduled are then marked as aborted and Ekos shuts down. No jobs are run...

If I take the same jobs and edit them as ASAP, then they run, but if I edit them back to use "On" time, then they all fail, so I don't think it fails based on other constraints like Alt or Twilight, and the logs don't indicate a problem.

Attached are a sample log of loading the file and starting and failing, and an Ekos esl file that I generated.

Since no one had brought this bug up, I just assumed it was my problem, but I am unable to determine what I am doing wrong. I assume others are actually using the "On" condition in Ekos, but maybe that is a bad assumption?

On a tangent, would it be possible to add a cryptocurrency option or two to the donation button? KStars has allowed me to jump into astroimaging with no prior knowledge of astronomy, and has proven to be invaluable.
8RC - iOptron CEM60 - ZWO ASI1600MM-C
INDI on RPi 3B
KStars on x86_64 with PHD2
5 years 2 months ago #33382
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

I ran into exactly the same issue tonight. When scheduling a job ASAP it gets executed immediately. Bit when I schedule a job to start at a specific time then it gets aborted and Ekos starts the shut down procedure. I created the esq file by hand by editing an existing file (only changing the date and copying jobs so they run more than once) but I don’t think that’s the issue.

Cheers, Wouter
5 years 2 months ago #33383

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,
I have the same issue, with my mount ( Celestron Evolution or Nexstar) or with the Telescope simulator.
Asap works
Culmination offset works
But not « on »
The score is always 0.

Frank
5 years 2 months ago #33385

I can confirm this.. I asked Eric if he can take a look at it.
5 years 2 months ago #33405

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks to all for reporting this. I also reproduced the issue with simulators and will look into it.
Preliminary investigation has the Scheduler accepting all jobs, starting, and then considering there's nothing to do.
So the problem happens when starting, the Scheduler should immediately fall asleep instead of bailing out.

-Eric
5 years 2 months ago #33409

Again, thanks for spotting this. The issue was caused by a leftover from pre-3.0, but also showed that fixed-startup jobs had slipped through the integration tests of the Scheduler...
I pushed phabricator.kde.org/D18041 as a hotfix which should fix the reported problem and also the reported score update that was just not done for fixed-startup jobs.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven, Chris
5 years 2 months ago #33424

Great news !
Thanks you ;)
How can we update kstars with this fix ?

Frank
5 years 2 months ago #33433

Looking at code.launchpad.net/~jochym/+recipe/kstars-daily, I'd say the change is already available, but I'm never sure with launchpad.

-Eric
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Eric.
5 years 2 months ago #33437

Very sorry to ask, but how can i upgrade kstars ? I don’t understand how to apply this fix :(
Best

Frank
5 years 2 months ago #33466

On Linux, your package updater should offer you a new version. What is your OS, and how did you download kstars?

-Eric
5 years 2 months ago #33468

It’s for my tinkerboard ubuntu bionic 18.04 but the package updater indicates no newer version. The built is 2018-12-19T19:43:30Z

Frank
5 years 2 months ago #33469

• Thank you received: 420
It will only update if you use the nightly builds. See the installation instructions for Ubuntu on how to do that.

Wouter
5 years 2 months ago #33472

Time to create page: 0.799 seconds