INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Potential issue with Scheduler when using 1 filter in a sequence

• Thank you received: 139
During my last imaging session I ran into some issues with the Scheduler. On previous nights I had imaged two filters, and the scheduler performed properly taking the photos, and switching filters, with the sequence set to repeat all night until astronomical twilight.

Realizing I wanted to do one more filter the following night, I created a new schedule for the same object, but set the sequence to be 1 frame of 1 filter for 180s, then I set the schedule to repeat it all night until astronomical twilight. It didn’t like this, and immediately shut down the schedule and parked the scope after performing alignment, focus, guiding, and imaging 1 frame. I then changed the sequence to 240 subs of 180s on the single filter, and tried again. This also aborted and parked the scope altering alignment, focus, guiding, but no images this time. I finally changed the sequence to have multiple filters, but just set so many subs that it would never switch to filter two, and this worked as expected.

There might be an issue when using only one filter in a sequence, or 1 frame of 1 filter on repeat until twilight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 3 months ago #33439

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks for reporting this. I'll try to reproduce the issue. Do you have logs of your sessions?

-Eric
5 years 3 months ago #33454

• Thank you received: 168
I have run single filter sequences for single target with the git head scheduler recently without issues, though I use 2x300s and not single frame sequences with repeat until twilight/altitude limit, if that makes any difference. There used to be an issue that dither didn't occur with single frame sequences which is why I used 2 frames per filter sequences.
5 years 3 months ago #33455

• Thank you received: 139
Unfortunately I don’t. I don’t typically have logging turned on. If it’s not a performance hit, I’ll start using it regularly in case anything crops up.
5 years 3 months ago #33464

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds