INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote Device Connection

• Thank you received: 0
Can you help?
Currently I'm remotely imaging using Windows 10 running VNC, TSKYX and CcdAutopilot5 using a Paramount MX, QSI 683 CCD and Focuslynx Focuser. I use TPoint Protrack to guide.
My aim is to replace the Windows 10 and CcdAutopilot5 with a Remote Raspberrypi running Astroberry Server (Ekos) and TSKYX for RPI with all equipment directly connected. Currently I'm experimenting with a Rasperrypi 3 B+ running Astroberry Server and attempting to connect from the RPi to the Remote equipment to try out Ekos. I have successfully connected to the remote Paramount on TSKYX through TCP on Port 3040 but Im having no success getting the remote QSI CCD and Focuser connected.

I find Astroberry Server on the RPI the ideal solution to my plans but can't get any further having tried many different connection possibilities. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Many Thanks
Martin
5 years 2 months ago #33562

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Hi Martin, could you please describe your setup connections more precisely? I'm not sure what you mean by "attempting to connect from the RPi to the Remote equipment". Normally you would connect everything to RPi running Astroberry Server and connect to RPi from your PC over VNC or a browser.
5 years 2 months ago #33573

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Kakzorek
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
It is my intention to eventually replace the remote windows computer with the RPi directly connected but before I take that step I need to try out EKOS. Therefore I’m attempting to to control the Paramount, QSI and FocsLynx from the RPi.
Maybe I’m being too ambitious?
Thanks
Martin
5 years 2 months ago #33591

• Thank you received: 375
Bisque Paramount , QSI CCD and FocusLynx are supported by INDI drivers. All you need to do is to connect the focuser and CCD to RPi with USB cable, add devices to your Ekos profile, start and connect. If there's any problem with it please provide some more details i.e. logs, screenshots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Kotchie
5 years 2 months ago #33597

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds