INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Downloading and installing GSC for CCD Simulator on OS X

• Thank you received: 20
Hey all,

I see Linux instructions for installing the GSC so that the CCD Simulator can return images of stars, but nothing for the Mac. From context, it appears that that should be downloadable from within the program itself, but nothing apposite appears when I select "Data|Download Data". Any hints?

thx

rw
5 years 2 months ago #34735

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
5 years 2 months ago #34737
Attachments:

Thanks. And of course in the Quick Start READ FIRST is:

GSC
If you want to run gsc to get “stars" in the CCD simulator, you can use the downloader in the startup wizard or your can download and unzip this file www.indilib.org/jdownloads/Mac/gsc.zip into the KStars Data directory ~/Library/Application Support/kstars
5 years 2 months ago #34738

5 years 2 months ago #34739

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but I'm unable to use GSC on KStars 3.3.6 on Mac OS 10.14.6. When I try to capture an image using CCD simularor on a remote Rpi 4 I see the following error in the CCD Simulator INDI Control Panel: Got no stars, is gsc installed with appropriate environment variables set ??
I confirm that GSC has been installed as per instructions here below on this thread. I also see the files in ~/Library/Application Support/kstars/gsc
If the problem is with some environment variables as the error implies how can I set them?
4 years 5 months ago #45274

If you are running CCD Simulator in an INDI server on the Raspberry Pi, GSC must be installed on that raspberry Pi. If you are running CCD Simulator on the Mac, then GSC must be installed on the Mac. It doesn't matter what computer is the client, what matters here is whichever computer is running the CCD Simulator. So make sure it is also installed on the Pi.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: giorgio
4 years 5 months ago #45275

Thanks a lot for your replu Rob.

I should have thought about the need of having GSC installed on the Stellarmate Rpi when I saw that error logged in the INDI server control panel...
Of course everything got fixed after installing GSC with a simple:

sudo apt-get install gsc

Cheers,
Giorgio
4 years 5 months ago #45313

4 years 5 months ago #45317

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds