INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sesto Senso in Ekos

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Dahu on topic Re:Sesto Senso in Ekos

Hi Jasem,

I have recompiled the whole indi code from git. It contains your latest changes ( 003601f6b1a79a1f20efba273cb090b4eb51806c, f937d764ac4d494ede5f3c1860a23a6689a2d5ed, etc) for the sestosenso.cpp file. But unfortunately these changes do not fix the issue, any press on any preset button makes the driver crash.
I attach a log file that contains 2 successive crashes.
Sorry for the bad news.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_15-44-21.txt
File Size:71 KB
5 years 1 month ago #35355
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Re:Sesto Senso in Ekos

Problem it crashes before debug is enabled. Please edit your profile and turn off "Auto Connect". Then start the profile and make sure the debug logging is turned on in the SestoSenso driver, THEN press Connect and hopefully the log would be useful. Or just send me TeamViewer details and I'll check it out.
5 years 1 month ago #35356

I did what you suggested, made 2 trials and got 2 debug files. They do not seem to be very informative, despite I entered the 'sync' command from the terminal in order to flush any buffered information.
For security reasons, I do not have an Internet access on my astro set-up. So no vnc or similar software.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_sesto...3510.log
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_sesto...3854.log
File Size:1 KB
5 years 1 month ago #35357
Attachments:

Ok I added error -checking code so at least it won't crash now. Please git pull and report back.
5 years 1 month ago #35358
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear all,
thank you very much for the support!

Jasem, I am now at home again and I will download the latest build. If it is helpful you can have access to my Laptop. Furthermore I will be available the whole weekend. So if you want and it is helpful just tell when you want to get access via TeamViewer.
5 years 1 month ago #35360

OK, I think you have caught the bug. The SestoSenso firmware sometimes returns some 0-byte position value while it is fast moving. Attached are 2 log files, one with a 100 ms polling period, the other with a more reasonable 500 ms period.
Thanks a lot for your support, Jasem.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_sesto...5330.log
File Size:124 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_sesto...5814.log
File Size:10 KB
5 years 1 month ago #35379
Attachments:

Thanks for the test. I believe I found the issue.. this is specific to GOTO presets. It wasn't setting the absolute position property status flag properly. Can you git pull and recompile again? Thanks!
5 years 1 month ago #35382
Thank you Jasem and Dahu for the support!

I have downloaded the latest build and want to test it but now I have another problem: Ekos does not recognize my camera (DSLR) and my guider (ZWO ASI). I am sorry, but i am a relativliy beginner and i do not know what i am doing wrong. I added a logfile. Thank you!!
5 years 1 month ago #35403
Attachments:

Jasem, I have git- pulled and recompiled, and the 0-byte warning messages have vanished, it seems you've got it. Just great.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_sesto...3037.log
File Size:9 KB
5 years 1 month ago #35404
Attachments:

Everything else about the focuser controls are OK?
5 years 1 month ago #35408
Sorry, I do not know. I can not test it. It is connected, but i can not move the Sesto Senso. I also can not move the mount. Further i can not disconnect it and stop Ekos.

Edit:
Now there is no connection to the server. I can not reach the web manager.
5 years 1 month ago #35409
I have bought a new sd card and write a new image on it and put that in my StellarMate.

Now can connect to my divices again. But i can not move the Sesto Senso or do any settings. Enclose please find my log. Do you have an idea what is wrong? Thank you very much!
5 years 1 month ago #35572
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds