I have bought the Sesto Senso from PrimaLuceLab and connect it to my focusser. Then I made a calibration with the Software from PrimaLuceLab. As a result the outermost position was 78889 (innermost 0). I left the Sesto Senso on Position 78889.
Then I edit my profile in Ekos with the Sesto Senso driver and started Ekos. It works and recongnized that the Sesto Senso was on Position 78889. Then I made a manule focus for testing at daylight. The focusposition was 61267. Then I shutdown Ekos.
Now the question: next time when I started Ekos it thinks that the Sesto Senso is on Position 78889. But in fact it is on position 61267 (where I left it when I shutdown Ekos). The problem is that Ekos thinks that this is the outhermost position. As a consequence I can only move the Sesto Senso between position 0 and 61267 (which Ekos thinks that it is 78889). I did not find out how to change that in Ekos. At the time I have only two Solutions: 1. do eyerytime before I start Ekos a calibration with the PrimaLuceLab software; 2. everytime before I shutdown Ekos I move the Sesto Senso to the outhmost position (e.g. 78889).
Is there an easier or better solution? I am sure it is but I am not able to find it. Thank you!
I am updating Sesto Senso driver now, but I need access to one remotely in order to test it. A friend of mine has one but he will be back next week. so if you can give me remote access to the focuser that would be great so I can test the driver.
Great that the Sesto Senso driver will be improved. In the meantime, NH, my workaround is as follows. I manually pull the focuser in all the way. Then I enter ‘0’ in Sync/offset and click ‘set’. This changes the absolute position of the focuser in Ekos to 0. Before you start your autofocusing routine, you then set the focuser to a value close to where you think you’ll be (in your case around 66000), and start the process. Works very well for me and gives me the reassurance that I have ‘calibrated’ my focuser each time.
With my SestoSenso, I am facing the exact same issue as NH, despite I upgraded the firmware to version (2.1).
The workaround described by wjdrijfhout does not work for me. If I sync/offset the absolute value to, say, 30000 (estimation of the actual position), and then request a move to 0 (inwards, so), the focuser goes _outwards_ by 30000 ticks. And this increases the whole confusion. The only solution is to go through the init process using the Windows-only PrimaLuce software. So there may be another issue with the sync process, maybe. To be confirmed by some other people, if possible.
Have you tried sync/offset to 0, with focuser all the way in? Remember, it’s an off-set, so I the focuser thinks it’s at 0 (set during calibration with the primalucelab software), and you set an offset in the INDI driver of 30,000, then entering an absolute position of 0 would make he focuser move outwards to 30,000. I had the same experience when my offset for whatever reason was always showing up as 76k..something, the maximum travel of my focuser. Synching it all to the 0-position has alsways worked reliably.
Looks like Jasem already has updated the driver, so that may be a much better solution.
Using the last night build, I see some improvement as the last known focus position is correctly set when I use my Sesto Senso in a brand new Kstars/Ekos session. Which is great, thank you Jasem.
Unfortunately, a new bug has appeared (this is a regression compared to the last stable version I was using until today) : using the Indi Client board I have defined some preset values for that focuser. When I press the Goto button for one preset value, the Sesto Senso actually moves to that value, but that makes also the indi_sestosenso_focus driver crash. It is 100% reproducible. I attach the log file that shows the issue that is around these lines:
[2019-02-21T16:10:49.482 UTC INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Sesto Senso : "[INFO] Device configuration applied. "
[2019-02-21T16:10:58.911 UTC INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Sesto Senso : "[INFO] Moving to Preset 1 with position 0. "
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.113 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2019-02-21T16:11:00: Driver indi_sestosenso_focus: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'"
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.113 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2019-02-21T16:11:00: Driver indi_sestosenso_focus: what(): stoi"
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.114 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: ""
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.310 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "Child process 6843 died"
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.310 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2019-02-21T16:11:00: Driver indi_sestosenso_focus: stderr EOF"
[2019-02-21T16:11:00.310 UTC DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2019-02-21T16:11:00: Driver indi_sestosenso_focus: restart #1"
I have recompiled the whole indi code from git. It contains your latest changes ( 003601f6b1a79a1f20efba273cb090b4eb51806c, f937d764ac4d494ede5f3c1860a23a6689a2d5ed, etc) for the sestosenso.cpp file. But unfortunately these changes do not fix the issue, any press on any preset button makes the driver crash.
I attach a log file that contains 2 successive crashes.
Sorry for the bad news.
Problem it crashes before debug is enabled. Please edit your profile and turn off "Auto Connect". Then start the profile and make sure the debug logging is turned on in the SestoSenso driver, THEN press Connect and hopefully the log would be useful. Or just send me TeamViewer details and I'll check it out.