INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help Connecting to EQMOD via bluetooth (Ubuntu 18.04) using Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 2
Hi

I have been able to connect to EQMOD using Ubuntu mate 16.04 using bluetooth on a raspberry Pi after removing the modem manager package as suggested in the EQMOD page
I am now using Ekos on a new laptop installation of Ubuntu 18.04 and have also removed the modem manager.
I can find and connect with my blueoth device on my NEQ6 mount by using the device PIN but it disconnects after a few seconds. On the Pi installation Ubuntu asks me if I want to connect to a serial port and I use this option.
I dont seem to get this option when using the laptop Ubuntu version 18.04 it simply connects when I enter the PIN and then disconnects several seconds afterwards - there does not seem to be any other settings to play with. I have removed the device and re-connected several times but always the same result !

Any help would be appreciated.
5 years 1 month ago #35324

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian
5 years 1 month ago #35326

• Thank you received: 29
Hi, in case it helps, at the bottom you find a procedure I found here on the forum (TSECKLER) some time ago:

github.com/HelgeMK/TicFocuserBT

Good luck! Helge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian
5 years 1 month ago #35327

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks Edgar and Helge for your info.
I certainly will have a look at both these leads to find if they can solve the problem.
It seems that Blue tooth cannot find a port to connect to ! Not sure what is the difference between Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 but it works ok in the former........
5 years 1 month ago #35331

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds