INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.1.0 is released

Glad to announce the release of KStars v3.1.0 for all platforms (MacOS, Linux, Windows): edu.kde.org/kstars

For details on the highlights of this release, please check my blogs: knro.blogspot.com/2019/02/kstars-v310-is-released.html

Thank you all for contributing to making KStars what it is today. Any testing, documentation, coding, or just a word of mouth is helping KStars in countless ways. Keep it going!
5 years 1 month ago #35591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Thanks very much for the hard work that has led to this release!

I am very sorry but I noticed an issue with the macOS release. for some reason I cannot open the KStars Preferences. Not via the macOS shortcut CMD-, nor via File -> Preferences. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 1 month ago #35605

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Spartacus on topic KStars v3.1.0 is released

Hi Jasem,

I have just tried installing v3.1.0 Previously using 3.0 with no issues. This warning keeps coming up
" The code execution cannot proceed because lcms-1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
Reinstalling has not resolved the issue

Cheers.

Mike
5 years 1 month ago #35606

Wouter,

I can confirm this issue. However, you can still option it from Ekos summary screen --> Options. We'll look into this ASAP.

Mike,

Please try to download again, I uploaded the official KDE version which is 1-day older but works.

There will be likely 3.1.1 depending on the feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 1 month ago #35607

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic KStars v3.1.0 is released

Thanks for this new release. I am look forward to test it under clear sky. Unfortunately weather is not with me.
I just jumped to the liveview viewer. I was hopping to find a zoom available for the Nikon devices. Unfortunately it looks like gphoto doesn't provide a zoom on liveview for Nikon. I don't know how is the resolution of the liveview but if it is the native resolution of the sensor, would it be possible to have a software zoom ?
5 years 1 month ago #35608

• Thank you received: 420

Thanks for the quick feedback. Yes, via the Ekos summary screen it works. I downloaded the dmg installer again but the issue remains. In any case, I can get to the KStars preferences now again so thanks very much for that!

Wouter
5 years 1 month ago #35609

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic KStars v3.1.0 is released

The resolution of the liveview is the resolution of your rear screen. 640*426 on my D750.
A software zoom on this wouldn't give you much more precision. Try to save a frame from your liveview feed and you'll see your own resolution.
- Marc

5 years 1 month ago #35621
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic KStars v3.1.0 is released

Thanks for the release!
I am testing on MacOSX but can't get it solve, it crashes immediately after the capture.
Regards

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-39-12.txt
File Size:78 KB
5 years 4 weeks ago #35631
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809
Wouter,

Yes you are right, I think I noticed this Preferences bug a couple of weeks ago, but I was too busy to look into it and then I forgot about it. Let's check into what happened to that Menu command.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 3 weeks ago #35652

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Spartacus on topic KStars v3.1.0 is released

Hi Jasem,

Thanks for your very prompt reply. I can confirm that the 3.1.0 downloaded today from the KDE site works as expected.

Many thanks for you and your team's fine work.

Mike
5 years 3 weeks ago #35653

Wouter,

I Just took a look. I don't think the Preferences bug is a KStars bug at all. It looks like a KDE bug. The slot works correctly. The call to create the menu item seems to work and is just like the other ones that do work. So I don't think this is our bug. We should probably report it to KDE. Plus, we didn't change the KStars Preferences code at all.

Thanks.

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 3 weeks ago #35654

Can you please run kstars with lldb to get the actual crash information along with detailed log output? The log doesn't show anything that I can see.

Please set the logging to "verbose" and "default" instead of "file". And turn on the logging of whatever is relevant to what is causing your crash.

Then just type these two commands in a terminal window:

lldb /Applications/KStars.app
run

Then try to make it crash and send the terminal output of whatever happens. This way the log information is recorded along with the crash information.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 3 weeks ago #35655

Time to create page: 2.150 seconds