INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

eqmod config issue and home issue

• Thank you received: 1
Just last night I had an issue that required me to undo clutches. After I went through the usual method to reset home position but had to purge data as couldn't get home set right.
The mount now thinks it's below horizon so won't allow the scope to slew, even though limits are not checked. Furthermore the eqmod config can't be saved or changed. It's like it's just locked everything and although it says unparked it won't even allow me to implement park, or change slew speeds etc.

Funny thing is that if I use different computers the same issue occurs! Yet if I connect hand controller to mount it works fine, and if I connect using synscan driver it appears to work ok (at least can park/unparked and manually move mount).
5 years 4 days ago #36950

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would altering the eqmod scope limits XML file (or other XML files) be a solution?
5 years 4 days ago #36958

• Thank you received: 31
If you talk about changing computers, I assume yours computers are clients connected to an indi server (On a Raspi ?). If I'm right, did you verify the two clocks are sync'd ?

- Marc
5 years 3 days ago #36973

• Thank you received: 31
Oops, can't edit my own message (?) ...

Did you try this ? :

- Unlock both clutches
- in the indi profile go to the 'Site Management' tab and choose "default" for the home position. Go to the "options" tab, save and reload.
- unpark the mount and send it to park , clutches unlocked.
- when the motors stop, move manually the mount to home position, lock the clutches and you're done.

-Marc
Last edit: 5 years 3 days ago by Marc.
5 years 3 days ago #36974

I tried the standard methods of resetting home...didn't work. However, I deleted all the .xml files under ~/.indi and it all reset itself and is working fine now. Not sure what went wrong but this is a fix.
5 years 2 days ago #37031

Time to create page: 0.881 seconds