INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler not starting

• Thank you received: 18
I have only tested with the simulators, but it slewed to the object and only then started to take pictures (I don’t use the guiding etc. options).
Did you see the scheduler pick up the coordinates of your target? I have found in the past that it is important to search for the target through the built in search function. Only then it adjust coordinates and speed to the object. Simply typing in the name of the target did not work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 years 11 months ago #37828

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Yeah, I used the search function to find the object. I tested slewing to a different object, then telling it to run, and it just took images of the wrong object, no slew command was issued. I also tried going to the object first. Guiding wouldn't start. So I had to do everything manually again.
4 years 11 months ago #37833

• Thank you received: 18
Hmm, then I don’t know. Perhaps still something wrong with the scheduler. Keep in mind I only tested it with simulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 years 11 months ago #37834

• Thank you received: 420
This happened to me once as well. Turned out I instructed the scheduler to take Flat images, not Lights. FYI I use the scheduler a lot (On Linux not Mac, not sure if that makes a difference but it shouldn't). and in general it works very well.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 11 months ago #37835

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Re:Scheduler not starting

I tested some last night from Jasem's link and it seemed to be working as well as possible when testing indoors

- started drivers, connected, brought up control panels
- unparked, slewed to target
- tried solving per scheduler but my rig was indoors so failed as expected
- tried guiding per scheduler but again rig was indoors so failed but proceeded to capture per sequence, including performing flip, parking and shutdown

system was StellarMate 1.3.2 remote from Mac with Kstars 3.2.0
4 years 11 months ago #37843

I've used the scheduler a ton over the last year, so I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong. I set up a sequence, in this case it was 5 60s frames on an OSC camera. I added that sequence to the scheduler, and looked up a target, added it. Made sure that park was set to end the night and twilight was marked so the session ends properly. I set the sequence to repeat indefinitely. And I made sure that the hardware set was to the correct equipment and I was connected and ready to go. I plate solved a few times to be sure EKOS knows where it's pointing, and then made sure the 4 check boxes on the scheduler were set for align, focus, guide, etc. I add the schedule to the timeline (list of schedules).

I hit the play button, and it immediately starts taking photos. No goto, no plate solve, no guiding turned on. Since I was already pointed at the object, I thought maybe that's the issue. It thinks it's ready to take photos. So I pointed it to a near by object, and reset the scheduler. Hit play again, and it started taking images of this nearby object, not the one in the scheduler. So I pointed it to the correct object, started guiding myself, and hit play again, and of course, it started taking images of that object without performing any other routines.

I let it play out like this overnight. It did not do the automated meridian flip which I had set on the camera tab to 0.05 minutes past the meridian. I also tried on a second night with the default of 0.1 minutes past the meridian. That didn't work either. Both nights I had to force the flip.

Everything else works great, except for these two things now. Scheduler issue not running the sequences on the Mac, and meridian flip not working on the Mac. Both of these have worked well in prior versions to 3.2 which I'm running right now.
4 years 11 months ago #37849

Andrew, please make sure scheduler logging is on and attach the logs. Wolfgang & Eric would probably find this information very useful to diagnose the issue.
4 years 11 months ago #37906

• Thank you received: 370
Hopefully it is fixed now in 3.2. Nevertheless please be so kind and provide the logs so that Eric or I can check it.

Regarding the meridian flip: this has also been reworked to fix other issues. Part of this rework was a change to DBUS communication. There was a problem with DBUS on Macs.

Cheers
Wolfgang
4 years 11 months ago #37976

There is indeed a problem with the scheduler behaving as you described. Please check if „Remember job progress“ is selected in the Ekos options. In the combination with the completion condition „Repeat until terminated“, the scheduler jumps directly to capturing stating in the log that only calibration frames were pending.

Is that the case for you? If yes, as intermediate solution, turn off the „Remember job progress“ option. I‘ll try to fix it asap.

Wolfgang
4 years 11 months ago #37981

@Jasem: I've submitted a diff hopefully fixing this issue: phabricator.kde.org/D20682

Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 11 months ago #37990

thanks! it's pushed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
4 years 11 months ago #37992

That was exactly the problem. Thank you!!
4 years 11 months ago #38032

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds