INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MPBox weather can't connect

• Thank you received: 8
Hello there

I have an MPBox and saw that it was an option for a device under weather.

Currently the device is on com6 on my windows PC. So I unplug it and plug it into the linux system (odroid xu4) and attempt to connect to it.

I can't seem to find it. No problem finding my focuslynx controller that also uses com ports. That connects just fine and shows accurate information about my focuser.

But for some reason I can't get Ekos to find the MPBox. I verified I can see it perfectly with the Windows PC.

Any ideas on what I can try? Thanks
4 years 11 months ago #37971

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Month later and no help?
4 years 10 months ago #39322

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

Are you sure you have an MPBox weather station? Because Ekos only supports an MBox weather station.

Linux doesn't use com ports but USB devices instead. Can you open a terminal on the Odroid without any USB devices connected (apart possibly from a mouse and keyboard) and type

lsusb

Then plug in the MPBox (MBox???) and type

lsusb

again and post the output of both commands here?

Wouter
4 years 10 months ago #39328

What port are you using? If focuslynx is using /dev/ttyUSB0, then select /dev/ttyUSB1 for MBox (or vice versa).
4 years 10 months ago #39329

The difference between connected vs disconnected is this line which I assume is what you are after.

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)

When scanning USB ports with indi it finds the following
/dev/ttyACM99 and /dev/ttyUSB0
With the device unplugged USB0 disapears. I manually "set" the port to that port and tried to connect again.

I guess the MGP box is so different from the Mbox that it just isn't going to work. Thanks for trying to help. :)
4 years 10 months ago #39477

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds