INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Polar Alignment Tool Crashing

• Thank you received: 41
Hi,

I tried to use the polar alignment assistant on the weekend for the first time as I normally use Sharpcap PA. I got through the three solves to the point at which the fits image with the correction vector appears. As this is quite small I toggled to full screen at which point KStars crashed. I was not game to try it again as it just wastes valuable AP time and I had already done a SharpCap PA so I knew that I was OK. I will try again when I have more time but it seemed that toggling to full screen caused the crash. I am using an Odroid XU4 with 4 gig ram so don't think that it is a memory issue.
Cheers
Mike
4 years 10 months ago #39066

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Mike,

maybe logs would help to solve the problem, but it seems like you are happy with Sharpcap. I would use Sharpcap, but Ekos is the only software that allows me to use my DSLR. It's interesting, that your problem appears, when you toggle to full screen. When I use the polar alignment tool the vector doesn't even appear, so I am not able to use it in any way. Hope there is a solution for the occurring problems.

File Attachment:

File Name: Backtrace_...5-14.txt
File Size:4 KB

Lunas
4 years 10 months ago #39120
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Lunas
I am going to try again tomorrow cos I hate to let these things beat me. I am also hoping that the improved FITS stability in the recently released KStars 3.3 will sort out my problem although it may be different to yours. I hope that you find a solution.

Mike
4 years 10 months ago #39193

Time to create page: 0.882 seconds