INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian Flip and 3.2.2

• Thank you received: 139
Last night I had a session with 3.2.2. I was running PHD2 with it. The meridian flip had previously not been working for me at all, despite versions prior to that working.

During the session, I put the meridian flip to activate .05' past the meridian. A time appeared when I stared the sequence saying it would flip around 10pm that evening. I didn't consult the object to see where it passed the meridian flip. Just to make sure things went ok, I went outside to watch the flip. EKOS sent a GOTO command, and the mount re-slewed to the object, but didn't flip. I noticed a command going to PHD2 to recalibrate. And it did properly. But in seeing that the mount didn't flip, I decided to consult SkySafari on my phone. It appeared the object would not pass the meridian for another hour. So somehow, the flip initiated an hour early, and since it wasn't past the meridian the mount didn't flip.

I thought, ok, no problem, I'm going to reset the sequence panel, and schedule another flip. No amount of resetting things would activate another flip. There was a message next to the meridian flip option that said "Inactive'. So I'm thinking there was an internal clock or something that was an hour off. I need to look into the time settings everywhere, but I've had all this set since I first installed EKOS and never had issues before. It should be set to pull time info from the mount, and my location should be correct in Kstars. But I'll double check.
4 years 11 months ago #39089

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I might have solved it. Will find out tonight. The clock in Kstars was off by 1 hour. Location preference data had been reset somehow.
4 years 11 months ago #39094

How do I save this setting? I opened up Kstars, edited the location, it applied it when I closed the window. (The time in the upper left corner updated). Then I quite out of KStars. Then I loaded it up tonight to start imaging, and noticed it was off again. Went into location, noticed it wasn't saved, and added my location again. Then started the imaging session.
4 years 11 months ago #39099

which setting? utc offset? what was it and what did you set it to?
4 years 11 months ago #39103

• Thank you received: 420
I have noticed as well that location data (most notably the longitude) cannot be edited from KStars once saved. I made the mistake of forgetting the "-" (minus) symbol which is necessary since I am west of Greenwich. Adding the sign, saving, closing the location popup and opening it again showed the value without the sign. This also was the case after a restart of KStars. I ended up opening the mycitydb.sqlite with sqlite3 and modifying the longitude directly there. That solved the issue for me.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 11 months ago #39105

After changing any parameters, you need to click on the "Update" city button for changes to be saved. I changed the icon now to be more straight-forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Wouter van Reeven
4 years 11 months ago #39107

• Thank you received: 420
Aaahhhh thanks!!! I simply clicked OK. Sorry, my bad!
4 years 11 months ago #39110

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds