INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Local copy of Astrometry... how to use it from Ekos?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi

I installed kStars - Ekos on a Windows machine in which I have downloaded a local copy of Astrometry.net . My question is: how can I tell kStars-Ekos to use it?

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo
4 years 10 months ago #39396

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
If you bring up a set of devices under INDI (e.g., the simulators) and look in the lower right of the Alignment tab, you'll see the Options button that you can use to configure Ekos for your install of astrometry.

See this thread for more detail (I recognize that this is for Ubuntu, but it gives the general shape of how it works): indilib.org/forum/general/3917-how-do-in...opy-ekos-ubuntu.html
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Rick Wayne.
4 years 10 months ago #39398

4 years 10 months ago #39402

Thanks Jasem

It seems to work fine. I set up the API URL to http://127.0.0.1:8080

But I cannot follow all of the steps indicated in the Guide. Particularilly, I cannot select “Offline” under solver options and the only available option is Online. Why does this happen? Is selecting “Offline” a must to work properly with the local copy of astrometry.net? It solved several images successfully, even though Online was selected and the laptop didn’t have internet connection (possibly because it was directed to to http://127.0.0.1:8080?)

Thanks for your help,

Alfredo
4 years 10 months ago #39417

I updated the documentation to clarify this. When you download astrometry.net for Windows, it provides a Web Services API to mimic the behavior of the online web-hosted version at astrometry.net

Therefore, as far as Ekos is concerned, it is communicating with some astrometry.net server, but it just happens that this server is hosted on the same machine, so it's as fast the offline native version. The offline version in Ekos requires a native offline astrometry.net which is only available on Linux & Mac.
4 years 10 months ago #39418

Thanks Jasem

It makes perfect sense. Thanks also for complementing the guide about it.

Regards,

Alfredo
4 years 10 months ago #39432

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds