INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I had surgery last week - a plate, some screws and wire. First followup is Monday, along with the first physical therapy. most of the motion is back, at least with the fingers. The wrist is hindered because of the brace and the wires. Also no word from the other guy's insurance company as to whether or not the bike is totaled.

Thanks for asking :)

As for the DMG - I don't think that I copied out the last one that built - Quite a bit of work travel sprang up. Actually on a plane now, and headed to Sweden on Monday evening. I probably won't have a chance to look at it until after next week.
7 years 3 months ago #13035
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Sounds like mostly good news! And its no big deal about the dmg, Your script very easily makes another one ;-). Hopefully some people can try out the one I posted and report back their findings. Maybe somebody will figure out what we are missing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 3 months ago #13040

looks like I did a brew install indi-atik, which broke my libindi stuff.

I will see if I can regroup from that.
7 years 3 months ago #13056
7 years 3 months ago #13057

This one worked much better on my wife's computer than the last one you sent. I worked just like mine did, I could start the Indi server, but capturing an image crashed the indiserver.
7 years 3 months ago #13058

when you build it does it crash?
7 years 3 months ago #13066

So yes, if I use your dmg or mine built on my new MacBook Pro running Sierra, trying to run it on My Wife's (non-development) MacBook Pro running El Capitan, KStars works fine, the INDIServer starts fine with the CCD sim. But then if I try to take a photo in the capture module, it crashes. If you are running a local INDIServer, just the INDIServer crashes, but if you are connected to a remote INDIServer, KStars crashes instead. Now I have done some additional experiments. I found that in fact, the logs do not seem to show any error in either case, but if you run KStars from the Console instead, where you can see the program output, it says "Illegal instruction: 4" when KStars crashes, which is a useful clue! Looking that up online, I found that it is an error associated with commands the processor doesn't understand, and is typically caused by software compiled for the wrong version of the operating system. I also have tried running the embedded indiserver from the console alone, and it doesn't seem to work. So perhaps we need to compile indiserver with flags for a lesser operating system the same way we did KStars?
7 years 3 months ago #13078

Hey guys, how's it going? Are you ok now Jamie? I'm sorry I haven't been working on this much lately. Of course this is partially due to the fact that KStars works pretty much perfectly on my computer now. But another part of it is that I have been busy doing some other things. But I think it would be good to get back to this now, so that beginners and those who don't want to go through the whole install process can get KStars easily. We are very close to finishing. We made awesome progress and then stopped just before the finish line.

I might try running Jamie's script on my old computer today to see if compiling on the same version of the OS helps my wife's computer.

Did anybody try the Sierra compiled KStars dmg on a Mac running Sierra (NOT El Capitan) that was not used for development of KStars or the DMG?
www.dropbox.com/s/4hy57ysu76dk7eq/kstars.dmg?dl=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Marriott
7 years 3 months ago #13188
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Anthony Marriott on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I have been following this thread and have downloaded and installed Kstars on my MBA via this dmg file. I don't have my scope and mount fully functional yet so cannot test all the functionality, but can confirm that the program appears to install and work. Only issue I had was with "setup", which I clicked wrong box and lost, but that s a user/kstars issue.

I'll be watching for any updates and as soon as my scope is up and running will test the other features.

GEAT WORK!PRIV
7 years 3 months ago #13190
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Anthony Marriott on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I can't keep up with you!! Just finished installing previous version! Updated and installed this latest version successfully and programming runs ok so far.

I am using a MacbookAir 2012 with 2G i7 and 8G memory running Sierra 10.12.3.Beta (16D12b)
7 years 3 months ago #13192

I thought I would first look through the output of the terminal while building the dmg on my new Sierra MacBook first to see if there is any clue why it wouldn't work from the dmg on my wife's computer. I noticed a couple of things. They might be nothing, but I thought they were worth noting. Are these no big deal?

During all the otool checking, copying of dylib's and changing @rpath and @executable paths:
Skipping Copy: libindi.1.dylib already in Frameworks
Skipping libcfitsio.5.dylib, not executable
Skipping libraw.15.dylib, not executable

During dmg build:
ERROR: no file at "/opt/local/lib/mysql55/mysql/libmysqlclient.18.dylib"
ERROR: no file at "/usr/local/lib/libpq.5.dylib"
7 years 3 months ago #13195

I think those are OK
7 years 3 months ago #13207
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds