INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem EQ8 and Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Good morning to everybody,

I have a problem with goto, I have an EQ8 and it connects very well with EKos, but I do not get well with goto I use the command to feed a star? Is this the method? How does it have to be done?

Thank you.
4 years 9 months ago #39896

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Good morning Sonor,

What brand is the EQ8? SkyWatcher? If yes, is it a SynScan mount? I'll assume both questions get answered with "yes" :) Ah wait

How do you connect the EQ8 to your computer? Via a serial cable? Or do you use an EQDir cable? If via a serial cable, did you put the SynScan hand controller in PC Direct mode?

Thanks, Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #39932

Replied by Jordi on topic Problem EQ8 and Ekos

Hello,

Thank you very much for answering. I have an Eq8 and I connect the command to the computer. Yesterday I did tests and I put Skyscan legancy and it works for me,

But ... it does not focus on the gout quite well, it leaves it at the edge of the image. (FOV 20`x15 ").

Do you know what can happen?

The question is --- do I have to use the command and align with a star? or do I not use the command and do everything from EKos? (I've tried it and it works) ...

Greetings.
4 years 9 months ago #39936

Hi,

I use an EQDir cable and that works really well. And therefore I don't know very well how to use Ekos with the SynScan Legacy driver. To my best of knowledge no star align with the hand controller is needed. Just start up the mount, enter the site details (longitude, latitude, time, time zone) and then switch to PC Direct mode. That part is essential. Then you can start Ekos and Ekos will take care of the rest. Once again, this is to my best of knowledge so I may be wrong.

Cheers, Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #39942

Replied by Jordi on topic Problem EQ8 and Ekos

Hello,

Does the "goto" do you good? It leaves me on the chip but at the far right of the image .... Do you have any ideas?
4 years 9 months ago #39944

My setup is mobile, so I need to set it up every time I want to use it. This means that the polar alignment needs to be done every time as well. Once this is done, the goto usually is not very accurate. So I use the Align tab in Ekos to improve the pointing using plate solving. See

www.indilib.org/about/ekos/alignment-module.html

You can use online and offline plate solving. For offline plate solving you need to install the astrometry index files as described in the link.

Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #39946

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds