INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help

6 months 2 weeks ago
Doug6952
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40855
Jasem,

I noticed that about the focuser and solver running at the same time. I was only running one at a time. Not sure why they are both running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago
Doug6952
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40856
The problem with both running at the same time may have been because I was enabling astrometry in the indi panel.
I flashed my sd card again with 1.4.2. Uninstalled kstars from my laptop and deleted any remaining folders I could find related to kstars. Installed kstars back on my laptop and tried again.

Remote astrometry works everytime now.

6 months 2 weeks ago
RugbyRene
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40930

knro wrote: Michael,

Thanks for all the screenshots. I'm sure this would help quite a few users.

One note about the astrometry INDI driver, you don't need to interact with it directly. Ekos enables/disable the driver when there is a solve to perform.

In KStars v3.3.2 release a few days ago, I disabled the <strong>nofits2fits</strong> option by default now since most users are now interacting with a more recent astrometry.net build. If nofits2fits is checked, uncheck it or upgrade to the latest KStars (which fixes also other minor bugs).

I just tested astrometry with simulators on both Windows + Linux:

1. Using ANSVR
2. From Windows to remote StellarMate
3. From Linux to remote StellarMate
4. From Linux as offline

All worked just fine using a variety of settings (binning, dark frame, exposure, different focal lengths). I noticed from the log a repeated error:

<code>
Failed to read xylist field.
</code>

This appears to be the outstanding error. Also, I noticed autofocus was running at the same time using the solver? That's not a good idea and can lead to all kind of issues.

Hi Jasem,

I upgraded as well and still can't get the simulator to solve. Would you be able to post some screenshots showing the settings you used?

Rene

Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond ED80
Meade 8" LX-90
Sky-Watcher EvoGuide 50 (guide-scope)
ZWO ASI290MC (non-cooled primary camera)
ZWO ASI120MM mini (guiding)
Canon EOS 7D

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds