INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help with streaming

• Thank you received: 42

Help with streaming was created by wotalota

Before packing it in for galaxy season thought I would try to image juptiter. A quick search indicated to take a video and then stack the individual frames. I tried using the streaming tab in the CCD panel but appear to be doing it wrong from the results I am getting. I used a EdgeHD 9.25 with x0.7 reducer and ASI071 RGB camera. I'll attach a single frame shot compared to what the .ser file looks like. Can anyone advise on technique, panel settings or provide a working .ser file showing how it is supposed to look.

Tom
4 years 8 months ago #40780
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by wotalota on topic Help with streaming

Last night I attempted another run to see if I could determine whether it was simply that a stretch was being forced on the collected frames. In that case unless it can be made optional streaming would not be suitable for planetry work.
Unfortunately I could not get past a CCD driver crash every time it ran.

Turns out to be the last thing I would have expected, the name of the output file. A name under 4 characters results in a crash. M11 fails M11_ is okay.
4 years 8 months ago #40818
Attachments:

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Help with streaming

Thanks for the report, I tracked the bug and fixed it in GIT. Regarding the saturated image, I'm not sure. Was this 16bit? what video format exactly? RGB or bayer?
4 years 8 months ago #40834

Replied by wotalota on topic Help with streaming

Jasem,
The original panel and these two might have the information you ask for. It is a ASI071 one shot colour camera so I think 16bit RAW bayer would be the answer. 40ms exposure for the individual frames and and 30 or 120 seconds for elapsed time was what was intended, assuming I did not get them the wrong way round in the panel settings.

I don't need it myself, I would mostly like to know if it can be reproduced or if others are able to successfully produce .ser files.

Tom
4 years 8 months ago #40857
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds