INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Python 3 Mac OSX

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Chris Alberts on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

I fixed it it was caused by my company setup of python, arfactory setup it looks our company servers
But still i have issue with solving offline not possible will it dit work i found a other thread of you with local install of atromery.net (binaries are missing) but still no success

chris
4 years 7 months ago #42446

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ryan McMurray on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

I am having some issue trying to get the astropy to work as well. I am NOT a computer guy. I am kind of amazed Ive been able to get this far. I have installed everything under the sun, or so I think I have. Here is the error message I get when ekos starts up. I am also getting this message after I run your setup. Everything has been installed as far as I can tell. And I entered your commands in the earlier post into terminal. not sure if thats where Im even supposed to put it. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
4 years 3 weeks ago #50298
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

So a couple of weeks ago, I came up with a better solution to this problem. You can now use sextractor instead of python in the latest version of kstars and then you don't have to go through all the python setup.

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Rob Lancaster.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50311
Attachments:

Replied by luca porfiri on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

I recommend installing Python 3, from www.python.org website. Then, for me, everything becomes simple and I installed the remaining without problems. For was SOLVED
4 years 2 weeks ago #50692

Replied by luca porfiri on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

I recommend installing Python 3, from www.python.org website. Then everything becomes simple and I installed without problems. For me is SOLVED
4 years 2 weeks ago #50693

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

As promised on Facebook, here is a reply. Judging by the screenshots that you included, astropy failed to install. Can you open a command line terminal and type

brew install astropy

and let us know what the result of that command was?

Wouter
4 years 3 days ago #51177

I think its telling me that anaconda installed astropy. I get an error code when I tell brew to do it. Here is a screen grab.
4 years 3 days ago #51178
Attachments:

Sorry, my bad. I typed too quickly and was assuming that astrometry.net needed to be installed instead of astropy. There indeed is no homebrew cask for astropy.

And thanks to your reply I see what the problem could be. KStars doesn't know about anaconda and wants to install astropy globally on your Mac instead of relying on anaconda. I am afraid that the different Python installations are competing with each other. Can you try to disable anaconda for your terminal (edit .profile and comment out all anaconda related lines by putting a # at the start of the line) and restart your terminal? Then try the pip install astropy command again and let us know how it went.
4 years 3 days ago #51179

• Thank you received: 139

Replied by Andrew Burwell on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

If you haven't tried it yet. Try the sextractor settings. This is an area that was updated recently where people (including myself) had trouble with multiple versions of python installed. See my settings. This skips python, using sextractor instead, and alleviated all my issues. It's also way faster at plate solving than python was. You will need to install the latest version of KStars/EKOS to access this.

4 years 3 days ago #51180
Attachments:

Thanks! to be totally honest though, I have no idea what that even means, (edit .profile and comment out all anaconda related lines by putting a # at the start of the line). which lines? the error codes or the ones that says the files are found in anaconda? I got the sextractor to work for 1 night but it hasnt since.
4 years 3 days ago #51181

The .profile file is a file with settings for your terminal (where you type commands) that get loaded everytime you open a new terminal. To edit it, open a temrinal and type

nano .profile

In that file you should see some line containing >>> conda initialize >>> and another one a few lines down containing <<< conda initialize <<. Simply move the cursor down to the start of each of the lines in betwee those two and type a # character. Then use CTRL-X to exit. You will be prompted for saving the file and there you type y for yes. Now close the terminal and open again. Your command prompt should not contain (base) anymore. If that's the case, you have successfully disabled anaconda and can type the pip install astropy command again.

Regarding sextractror, any clue as to error messages or so that you get when it doesn't work would be useful. Without that info it will be impossible for us to help you.
4 years 3 days ago #51183

Got the solver to work with sexrractor last night, but it wouldnt slew to target. here is a screen grab I know it probable doesnt give you too much info.
4 years 2 days ago #51231
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.708 seconds