INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Python 3 Mac OSX

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

Yes that is possible but have another look at the screenshot. dRa and dDe are huge and the Accuracy is set to the standard value of 30". Also, the solutions table shows an error for the third solution. I am afraid that we will need logs to find out what's going on.

Piggled, a silly question but are you sure that your mount gets enough power through the power supply? A too low current can lead to malfunctioning mounts which refuse to slew for instance. Just a though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan McMurray
4 years 1 day ago #51239

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ryan McMurray on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

It is definitely getting enough power. I have enable the log files, but I have some already in my folders. Hopefully I will have some better answers tonight

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-23-...3-26.txt
File Size:99 KB
4 years 1 day ago #51249
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

Not sure if this is related but the only thing I can find in those logs that seem to indicate what the problem may be is

[2020-03-25T20:24:24.090 PDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM40 : "[WARNING] Please unpark the mount before issuing any motion/sync commands. "

So make sure to go to the Mount tab and click Unpark before you do anything else. Note that by default Ekos instructs the mount to park after polar alignment. You can disable that behavior by going to the Align tab and clicking the Options button to the lower right of the tab. The auto-park behavior can then be disabled in the Astrometry.net tab of the options popup.
4 years 1 day ago #51251

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Python 3 Mac OSX

Robert has been making tremendous progress on the internal solver.. we hope by 3.4.2 we don't have to require python3 at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
4 years 1 day ago #51271

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds