INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian Flip issue Mac EKOS - Me too!

• Thank you received: 420

Where can this option be found because I searched for it and couldn't find it in KStars 3.3.3... Thanks!

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #41732

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
It appears directly below (or to the side) of the check box to turn the flip on. (This is not the same as the scheduled park command). I sometimes have to check and uncheck it several times for it to appear. It was in the 3.3.3 betas, I haven’t looked again at the final 3.3.3.
4 years 7 months ago #41749

• Thank you received: 1
Wonderful, thank you so much! This looks very promising, I'll update and try it out tonight. Much appreciated! It didn't occur to me that I might not be using the most recent version. =P
4 years 7 months ago #41751

• Thank you received: 370
There was indeed a bug in the calculation of the meridian flip - see this thread . The problem occurs when you are pointing to an object with a small RA value. This is why this bug has not been discovered for a while, since these objects now start to appear during the night.

As said in the thread, the fix is already present in the upcoming v3.3.4.

- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41766

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you Wolfgang, I hadn't seen that thread. Forgive me if this is readily visible somewhere, when do you think v3.3.4 will be available officially? I'm not savvy enough to "build" the files as they are now, I have no idea where I would even start, lol.

And Andrew thanks again for the suggestions! I'm glad yours is working, sadly after updating and testing with a near-meridian object several times (even with delay set to >0.5) it starts off telling me what time it'll flip which is great and looks accurate, but then still just perpetually says "Flip planned.." when that time comes, and then nada. It does seem to accurately predict the exact time to flip will be, it just doesn't do it. So for now until v3.3.4 is released, I can use that time prediction to set Auto Park to be on the safe side, then if I don't fall asleep I can get back on and plate solve it to one of the previous captures and keep going until morning.
4 years 7 months ago #41783

I think it's a matter of days until the next release is published. Btw.: if the mount remains on "meridian flip planned", you stepped into the bug. Then it only helps to deactivate the meridian flip for this target.

In other cases, it seems to me that your mount either cannot execute a meridian flip (maybe deactivated somewhere) or the mount time or location is different to that set in KStars.

HTH
Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41784

You mean in this screen?

Because no matter how often I enable and disable the checkbox, I don't see that appear. Unless of course the Telescope Simulator doesn't support it but then why would the checkbox be there in the first place?
4 years 7 months ago #41798
Attachments:

Yep, that’s where it appears, right below the checkbox in that open space. I’ve not had any time to hook up my equipment again to see if it’s there in the final 3.3.3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
4 years 7 months ago #41812

The mount has to be tracking, otherwise the meridian flip is disabled. Slew to a position east of meridian, then activating should show the remaining time until meridian flip.

Btw.: there was a bug in the meridian flip calculation for targets with low RA values. It is fixed with version 3.3.4.

- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41886

Here's a screen cap of what it looks like.

4 years 7 months ago #41929
Attachments:

Thanks Andrew. I have seen this now as well. The meridian flip time indication only appears if currently an object is being imaged and if the "Flip if HA >" box is ticked.

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #41937

... to be slightly more precise: when the checkbox is ticked and the mount is tracking. It does not necessarily need to be imaging.

- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41940

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds