INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Feature request - Preview in capture tab

• Thank you received: 27
This is maybe personal preference, but I find the separate window for captured image view confusing and distracting.
I think it would be nice to have preview embedded into capture tab itself, similar to focus and solving tab.
It is how most capture softwares work, e.g. BYEOS, APT, CCDCiel.
What are your thoughts?
Alex
4 years 6 months ago #42774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I actually don't mind a UI redesign, but someone more versed in GUI design need to look at this. The Ekos window is designed to run at 800x800 resolution. So it needs to be compact and accessible to all. Even over VNC and such.

So feel free to share a sketch of your design and maybe with community input we can arrive at a universal new design that everyone (well almost everyone) loves!

I think there are many GUI prototyping tools out there, but you can also use Qt Desginer for this.
4 years 6 months ago #42779

OK, sounds good, I will see if I can help here. 800x800 requirement is challenging though. Do rest of tabs with embedded view comply with this requirement?
I was trying in the past to use ekos with 1300x768 screen and it was mostly unusable, so I had to upgrade my laptop in order to have 1920x1080.
4 years 6 months ago #42781

Jasem,
How about the screenshot below.
I have splitter between sequence editor and viewer so it is possible to adjust the size of them per user preference.
I also added a checkbox to enable or disable sending image to a separate window.
Please let me know your thoughts.

I was looking into capture code but so far I could not figure out how to send an image to the viewer.

Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger, Peter Sütterlin
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Alex Varakin.
4 years 6 months ago #42790
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 160
I'd like to have a preview window in the capture tab. First of all It would be useful. Secondly, it would add to Ekos' UI consistency.
4 years 6 months ago #42802

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds