INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dither counter wrong when having several short sequences

• Thank you received: 133
Hi,

today I was trying to set up a sequence that does take 3 images for each R,G,B filter and then dither. I set that up just in the capture tab, having 4 of those three-groups, see the screenshot. So I went to the guide tab, selected 'Options' and set the dither count to 9, and started the sequence.
With that setting, it dithered after the 13th frame :o
So I changed the setting to 6. Then it dithered after the 8th frame. And setting it to 7 dithers after frame 10 :(
Obviously it forgets to count some of the frames properly.

(and something like a loop counter to repeat the whole thing N times would make setup of such sequences much easier....)
4 years 6 months ago #42856
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
Ekos doesn't do dither when changing filter so I guess it doesn't count those transitions towards the dither count either. I have dithering set to every frame and if I do one frame each LRGB, it never dithers, would be nice if it dithered once when going back to first filter, but that would require some special case handling. For this reason I use two frames each which works and dithers every second frame. This way I have fully dithered subs per filter, but minimize unnecessary dithers. Looping can be easily done with running the sequence via scheduler.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jarno Paananen.
4 years 6 months ago #42870

But that is the logical thing to do (take all filters at one position, only then dither), so there should be a way to do this, IMHO.

Whatever you call unnecessary. You are doing four dithers for 8 frames, where only one per four would be needed.
Nicest solution would probably be a special sequence entry to dither, and/or take the dither setting out of the general configuration for guide and add it to the other in-sequence options in capture, like 'AF if' 'Refoc every'. It is a very sequence-dependent setting anyhow.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
4 years 6 months ago #42874

• Thank you received: 165
Oh, sure it would be nice to be able to do just one dither per round, but this is the best I've managed to get reliably working with the current implementation.
4 years 6 months ago #42875

:D
Working around quirks that is, as everywhere in life....

At least your reference to the scheduler finally made me having a closer look at it. Guess I will need quite some time to properly master it, but there's always the first step.
4 years 6 months ago #42877

Time to create page: 1.096 seconds