INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Missing or corrupted config file pop up when using Windows KStars and ANSVR

• Thank you received: 41
Hi
Is anyone else having this problem?
I occasionally use KStars for windows with the my RPi running remotely at the scope. Previously (before the latest KStars for Windows upgrade 3.3.6) the ANSVR worked well as the "on-line"astrometry solver. The offline solver on the Pi also works well running remotely from the Windows version so this is not a major problem.
Since the upgrade whenever I start up KStars for windows I get this pop-up. (See attached screenshot).
There are some new options in the alignment section but they appear to be more related to KStars on the Pi rather than Windows. I have tried many different combinations and am getting nowhere.
Is there supposed to be a Windows based config file that I paste in the location in the Astrometry.net panel in the config section ? I am unsure of what to do with the new tick box next to config in this situation. (This is in the Windows EKOS options panels)
Also when I try a trial solve with Load and Slew of a previous FITS file I get a "unknown protocol" flag in the debug section of the solver.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ANSVR program and this has not helped.
Any advice gratefully received

Mike
4 years 6 months ago #43286
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I'm sorry I believe that was my fault. With all that work I was doing for getting Astrometry improved on Mac an Linux, I forgot to prevent some of it from coming up on Windows.

Jasem actually fixed this 3 days ago I believe,

github.com/KDE/kstars/commit/3e5fa041d2e...ee140b2ecfe96a08f356

It should be fixed in the latest nightly build, can you check that to see if he fixed the problem?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spartacus
4 years 6 months ago #43287

Ok I was a bit premature with this post. I had inadvertantly changed the API and forgot the to put the http in front as per http://127.0.0.1:8080. That stopped the unknown protocol bit.
The next thing was to click the tick box for internal astrometry.cfg
Now it will solve a loaded FITS!
The corrupted or missing astrometry.cfg pop-up still comes up but this does not seem to matter.
It may be worth stopping this pop-up in the Windows version in this situation as it is a bit confusing.
Anyway all sorted

Mike
4 years 6 months ago #43289

Wow that was a quick reply Rob,
I was just scribbling my resolution of the problem and posted it when I saw your reply. Thanks.
I will check on the nightly build.

Mike
4 years 6 months ago #43291

Hi Rob,

I have just checked the nightly build for RPi and reinstalled KStars for Windows and everything now works as intended.
Cheers,

Mike
4 years 6 months ago #43293

KStars v3.3.6 was reuploaded again with this fix. So please download it again and the message should go away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spartacus
4 years 6 months ago #43304

Time to create page: 0.882 seconds