INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Setup Question from Clueless Noobie

• Thank you received: 0
Trying to set up a system using only my Mac desktop. Attempts to open EKOS result in the correct screen but with only two icons available. Any insight on how to show the additional icons? Thanks!!! Ted
4 years 6 months ago #43315

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Welcome to INDI.
Create a profile for the INDI drivers you want for your equipment. Save it. This is #1 a the top of the EKOS window. #2 is starting the INDI service. #3 is to Connect/Disconnect the Driver (an auto connect option is available in part #1 Profile Setup)
4 years 6 months ago #43319
Attachments:

When I choose the right-pointing arrow under 2. Start & Stop EKOS, I receive an error message that reads: "INDI Server failed to start: execve: No such file or directory".
4 years 6 months ago #43323

• Thank you received: 133
Where is your equipment (mount, camera) connected? If on your computer - have you installed proper indi drivers? If on some other computer - have you entered the proper IP address/name?
4 years 6 months ago #43326

Did you follow the complete installation steps and install INDI-Full and 3rd party drivers?
4 years 6 months ago #43328

All the equipment is connected directly to the computer. Looks like the lack of drivers is the issue. Can you direct me to the location that has the driver download instructions? Thanks very much!!
Ted
4 years 6 months ago #43331

What operating system are you using? Linux (Ubuntu or Raspbian), MacOS? Windows is a very different setup.
4 years 6 months ago #43333

MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.
4 years 6 months ago #43335

I'm more familiar with Linux than Mac, but here is the download page for the stable release on MacOs.
www.indilib.org/download/osx.html
4 years 6 months ago #43342

• Thank you received: 809
So if you are using a Mac, all drivers are already included inside the app bundle. You don't have to install them. But as was already pointed out, you need to setup a profile and select the correct drivers for your equipment before you hit "Start."
4 years 6 months ago #43343

• Thank you received: 809
One thing you should check is to make sure it is set to use the internal drivers, please check to see that these check boxes are checked in the preferences:
(Note that the Astrometry ones will not be available until you start INDI.

4 years 6 months ago #43345
Attachments:

So, When KStars is initiated, I get an error message that reads: "Unable to find INDI Drivers directory: /usr/local/share/indi Please make sure to set the correct path in KStars configuration". When I access EKOS from the KStars menu, and choose the INDI Options, the server shows as usr/local/bin/indiserver. The INDI Drivers XML Directory reads, "usr/local/share/indi. Any insight? Thanks for your continued help!!!
4 years 6 months ago #43348

Time to create page: 1.165 seconds