INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic construction

• Thank you received: 0
I've just made my first attempt at using the mosaic functionality. The one thing that was missing (at least for me) was an image view of the area of sky that I'm trying to layout the mosaic on. I'm sure this is a configuration issue, but I can't find much information on mosaics. I'm guessing there is an image catalog that I can add, but I can't find it.
4 years 5 months ago #43986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Mosaic construction

Enable DSS overlay and load up the detailed images of the area you are interested in by zooming up to it from the planetarium., Then it will be shown in the Mosaic setup window.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 5 months ago #43993

Replied by Neil Martin on topic Mosaic construction

Thanks for the reply! It sort of works. I can view the DSS image for any object in the sky, but in the mosaic editor, it seems like it will only load the image if the object is above the horizon. I'm not sure if that's what's going on, but it's definitely the case that I can't get the image for M 42 to load (which is below the horizon right now). I tried several times.

Additionally, once that "DSS colored" option is enabled, the planetarium UI gets hosed. I've attached a print screen of the Kstars window. If you disable the option, the UI is fine again.
4 years 5 months ago #43997
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 133
That sometimes happens to me, too. Try zooming in/out with the mouse wheel, then it usually comes back with a proper display
4 years 5 months ago #43998

Yes, it does seem that zooming in or out can sometimes redraw the window, but it seems to be a temporary fix. The only way I can clear the problem permanently, is to turn off the overlay option.
4 years 5 months ago #44001

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Mosaic construction

Wow. I have never experienced such as badly glitched projection. You can try forcing it to refresh a couple of ways. Tap SPACE key to switch from Horizontal to Equatorial view for example. Or change the projection method.

As for being limited to objects above the horizon, I suspect if your turn the horizon off, it will work out fine.
4 years 5 months ago #44005

Changing the projection didn't seem to help; it just draws a different glitchy pattern. Interestingly, if I drag the "sky" around, it renders fine, but reverts to the screwy rendering when the drag action stops.

Removing the horizon did help! Thanks, that helps me a lot.
4 years 5 months ago #44007

• Thank you received: 420

If only we could do that as easily in real life as well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Martin
4 years 5 months ago #44010

Time to create page: 1.027 seconds