INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Live stacking methods?

• Thank you received: 74
Hi,

Tested out latest version results :-

1. CR2 picked up fine but also picked up TIFF file (used same AT files i used the other tests - it drivers ASTAP mad - see attached screen print

2. Remove tiff files and thumb nails and CR2 images picked up ok and ASTAP ran fine.

Image displays on my Samsung TV from ASAP Live Stack are very pixelated ! - Dont get that with AT :-(
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 5 months ago #44911
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Live stacking methods?

I don't know whether you want to go through the trouble of adding amd64 architecture to your system to reproduce the problem, but I suspect that is the main problem.

dpkg --add-architecture amd64

After doing that, it should resolve all dependencies (it did for me), but still not start.

Anyway, I don't think this is worth the trouble.

Sorry for the brief confusion.

Jo
4 years 5 months ago #44914

• Thank you received: 92

Replied by han on topic Live stacking methods?

Hi Stash,

Your testing helps :)

The tiff stacking went wrong because I used as filter *.tif* (for .tif and tiff) This picked up the *.tif_ marked as done but could not process further as tif resulting in the error. Fixed in version 0.9.285.

Clear skies, Han

p.s. one more note. ASTAP can read 8 or 16 bit tiff but can't read 32 or 64 bit tiff. That could be an other problem.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by han.
4 years 5 months ago #44922

TESTED V 285 - OK PROBLEM not on test rig now on Obsys I5 8gb ssd Win 10.

Tried live stacking using files created by CCDCiel (on Windows) and Indiserver on a Gigabyte Ubuntu 64 bit connected to DSLR - so straight FITs

See attached screen dump - first file added then every files rejected - files ok via DSS/AT - not in same folder!

After renaming all files back - checked a couple with FITSAV no problem it loads them ok.

Also tried running normal stacking in ASTAP - (used just 3 files) same result first loaded then same error as above !

Strange
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Clive Stachon.
4 years 5 months ago #44923
Attachments:

Hello Stash,

If the files are from a DSLR, the hot pixels & noise could be a problem. You will see in solving, stacking and live stacking. It could be also the settings. Could dump two or three files somewhere and send me a link , so I can have a look myself?

A dark could help but let me first have a look.

Han
4 years 5 months ago #44937

Just noted the exposure time:
EXPTIME = 60 / Total Exposure Time

This should be an easy image to process without a dark....
4 years 5 months ago #44940

Yes they are DSLR. I will try and get them off my Obsys system and put on Google and send you a link - may take a couple of days as I am trying to do a mod on my Obsys set up :-)

4 years 5 months ago #44942

@HAN

ok pm'd you with link to 3 files used on failure

4 years 5 months ago #44955

ok another quirky item - on Ubuntu 19.10 live stack file count is from 0 - should be from 1 - think Windows version starts at 1. "Adding file 0 etc etc" !

4 years 5 months ago #44963

In the last version I changed counting such that it start from 1. If the version are the same, they should behave the same., unless I made a mistake with copying the source files.

About you DSLR images which didn't stack. Where the 60 second images guided or unguided? Images with oval stars doesn't work.

Han
4 years 5 months ago #44964

Thanks Stash,

Analysed the images.

Solving works fine with setting downsample x2 or auto x0
Stacking unbinned fails.
Stacking binned x2 works fine

Images are oversampled and contain hot pixels. Maybe I should at an internal step to binx2 for alignment since with OSC cameras, you don't want to bin them before de-bayering.

Let me add a internal binx2 step for alignment only so these images are processed smoothly. Maybe I should binx2 the result in one step.... In what resolution do you publish these images?

Han
4 years 5 months ago #44966

Han,

I will check the version number again just in case but the Windows version is fine and stars from 1.

Guided or not - dont remember. I dont always guide but still require (and do ok) to stack.

4 years 5 months ago #44977

Time to create page: 1.669 seconds