INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD Simulator - how to make the image drift

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, INDI experts!
I'm using the CCD simulator to test my software. Now, to test the alignment function, I need the stars in the frame to slowly drift. I tried to modify some parameters, but the stars are always still with respect to the picture. How does it work?
4 years 5 months ago #45609

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
In int CCDSim::DrawCcdFrame(INDI::CCDChip * targetChip)

The centre of the image is calculated and several offsets can be applied beore the GSC data is retrieved. Modifying this could help. Maybe there is already something that will help, there's already what looks like PEC offset, guide camera offset, polar align offset and declination drift.
4 years 5 months ago #45631

Thank you, Chris. My first attempt was exactly in this direction, but I wasn't lucky. However, if that is the right approach, I will try again.

EDIT: no, I tried every available option and they are not effective...
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Andrea Console. Reason: Update
4 years 5 months ago #45635

Last update from my side: apparently, the simulated CCD and mount don't have all the features implemented (I'm not saying it is an issue, but it is something to keep in mind). It seems that the only effective control is the slew motion to specific coordinates.
Thus, I could test my software by setting small slews. By the way, it works! It is a simple and lightweight software for live align and stack of deep-sky pictures for EAA purposes. Let's how it does with a real camera and under a real sky... cheers
4 years 5 months ago #45655

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds