INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

how to flip horizontaly the image of guide scope ?

• Thank you received: 1
Here is my problem: I have kstars / ekos with Indi library installed on a Raspberry 3B +. Everything works wonderfully remotely on the Raspberry Pi hotspot. The only thing that bothers me is that the image of the camera on the guide scope (Touptek 2000kpa) is reversed compared to the image of the camera on my Newton 200/1000 telescope (Camera ZwoAsi 385). I didn't find any options in kstars to fix this. Can we do it? thank you in advance . Please my English is bad ... I'm french !
4 years 3 months ago #47397

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 40
For a guide camera, does it matter? Isn't it's job to lock on to a star and hold it's position? Up/down/left/right is figured out when it does its calibration.

I'm no expert on this and if I'm wrong, I'd like to learn.

And BTW, when I first setup my guide camera I wanted it as close to what my main scope was seeing. I thought I was going to use it as "finder" scope. But with Plate Solving working like it does. I don't care. Mr. Plate gets me where I need to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juhin Christophe
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 3 months ago #47399

• Thank you received: 226
Whether or not it is flipped will not bother the guiding performance at all. And guidecam orientation is (mostly) irrelevant. Although it can be argued you can get marginally better sub-pixel precision if you make the camera orthogonal the the RA and DEC axis.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Andrew.
4 years 3 months ago #47450

• Thank you received: 40

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if there is a simple way to do that. Maybe making the camera sit in line with the weight bar (or at least at 90 degrees to it depending on cable access).

As you can see I don't. I think that's the first thing I'll do (when this weather clears)
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 3 months ago #47456

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds