INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Time remaining measures on EKOS Summary Panel

• Thank you received: 19
The times below the bottom three dials (time remaining on current exposure, number of exposures completed, and % of job completed) used to show how much time was remaining under each of these. There is still a time there, but I have no idea what it means. I think its a bug, but perhaps there is some significance I'm missing.

Regards,

jmh
4 years 2 months ago #49391

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Nope, it is not a bug, the time includes the estimated download time based on the exposures that have been taken so far. In the past, the time displayed was only based on the actual exposure time and this made the time displayed very inaccurate. Though some are nearly instantaneous, many cameras take multiple seconds to download, sometimes as much as 40 seconds. That time below now includes the time it takes between exposures to download images, at least to the best of its estimation ability.
4 years 2 months ago #49429

• Thank you received: 19
In my configuration, the client connects to the remote system in my obs and does not download anything to the client itself - the frames are downloaded from the camera to the local disk on the remote INDI server. At the end of a job, the time remaining often shows several hours which clearly not correct as the job as completed successfully. Could this be because the client is not downloading anything?
4 years 2 months ago #49436

• Thank you received: 812
Oh I see, that could certainly be a good explanation. I can check into that
4 years 2 months ago #49439

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds