INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Please help fix this focus issue.

• Thank you received: 139
Thanks, I'll switch to 2x2 at least.

Funny you should ask for a review. I just wrote one today. It's not too technical, just my experience so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 1 month ago #49941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
I guess hijacking my own thread, but one thing you didn't mention in your review is the if the new camera has the same pattern the ASI1600 has on bright stars. e.g. on the bright stars in photos.app.goo.gl/K3KUdx8FTkPWjKFTA
4 years 1 month ago #49942

• Thank you received: 139
It definitely does not have that issue. That's specifically a micro lens artifact from that specific sensor (a Panasonic chip). I've been keeping a close eye on the ASI6200 reviews and images to see if that mono sensor has no issues either. So far so good. It's the full frame version of the ASI2600 that I currently have. I'll probably replace my ASI1600 mono with that as the micro lens artifacts bother me. But the 6200 is around $4k, plus almost another $4k for the larger filter wheel, OAG, and 2" filters from Astrodon or Chroma. That's a bit hard to swallow. So I opted for the 2600 to get the new sensor technology and better dew heater, sold off my 071 which had ice problems.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Andrew Burwell.
4 years 1 month ago #49943

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds