I did post this before a while back but tried the suggestion and no change.
Nexdome observatory with motors
EQ6-R Pro mount
Raspberry Pi 3 (trying to upgrade to 4)
Stellarmate OS running EKOS / KStars
All runs great on the Raspberry Pi3 which I have Stellarmate installed on.
I'm trying to upgrade to a much faster Pi 4, running either Stellarmete or Astroberry.
When I get everything connected fine, then try to sync the dome with the mount, it slews to 270 degrees and that's pretty much it. I don't have any problems running it on the older PI 3, but Pi 4 unit always does this. I have the same problem with either the Stellarmate or Astroberry.
Any ideas what to try? Where in the settings that 270 degrees might be lurking? Can I copy the configuration files from the working Pi3/Stellarmate to the new Pi 4?
I'm totally confused and not sure where to look, I've been all over the settings and not finding a hint of the 270 degree "slew to" or whatever is going on!
I'll log the rotation and see what that shows. That might give me a clue what's going on.
I have my dome parked at 100 degrees, home position is at 180 (from my LX200 days wedge parking). I now use an EQ6-R mount that parks on Polaris, I still have to move the magnet to 360.
As soon as I unpark the scope the dome goes to 270. Maybe has something to do with my 180 home?
Strange that it's only with the new Pi 4 though.
Yep. I updated the Pi3/Astromate using the software updater. I didn't want to do anything too drastic on that one (like full new image) since it's working ok. The Pi4 with both Astroberry or Stellarmate are fresh installs. I am playing with Astroberry more right now since I'm having problems with making the monitor setting stick in config.txt (but that's a whole different issue).
As far as I can tell, I have the settings matched up in EKOS. I'll spin it around a few times and see what I can find in the log.
Your Stellermate on the Pi3 that I helped you test, works beautifully though! Just trying to upgrade.
I think I figured something out after spending a couple hours messing with things.
It seems that when my dome slaving settings are all set to 0.00, the dome will go to 270 degrees and do nothing else. When I set some numbers in there (like the attached photo) the slaving works!
But, for some reason they aren't saving the settings when I shut down the Pi, so when I restart they are all back to zero. At least I'm making some progress with this problem.
Ok, now it's saving! Not sure what I was doing, but I think I have it going now....or have a good idea how to get it away from 270 degrees. I'll try it when it's dark and see where I go. I think I have it worked out for now. Finally, I can give this Pi4 a test run. Yay!